Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Dundee
- GOLD.db: genomics of lipid-associated disorders databaseHubert Hackl
Institute for Genomics and Bioinformatics and Christian Doppler Laboratory for Genomics and Bioinformatics, Graz University of Technology, Petersgasse 14, 8010 Graz, Austria
BMC Genomics 5:93. 2004....
- The complement of protein kinases of the microsporidium Encephalitozoon cuniculi in relation to those of Saccharomyces cerevisiae and Schizosaccharomyces pombeDiego Miranda-Saavedra
College of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Dow St, Dundee DD1 5EH, Scotland, UK
BMC Genomics 8:309. 2007..cuniculi genomic database aimed at identifying and classifying all protein kinases of this organism with reference to the kinomes of two highly-divergent yeast species, Saccharomyces cerevisiae and Schizosaccharomyces pombe...
- Classification and functional annotation of eukaryotic protein kinasesDiego Miranda-Saavedra
School of Life Sciences Research, University of Dundee, Dow Street, Dundee DD1 5EH, Scotland, UK
Proteins 68:893-914. 2007..The application of the Library facilitates the annotation of kinomes and has provided novel insights on the early evolution and subsequent adaptations of the various protein kinase families in eukaryotes...
- Chemical proteomic analysis reveals the drugability of the kinome of Trypanosoma bruceiMichael D Urbaniak
Division of Biological Chemistry and Drug Discovery, College of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Dow Street, Dundee DD1 5EH, U K
ACS Chem Biol 7:1858-65. 2012..brucei kinases in parasite cell extracts. The data reveal that T. brucei kinases are sensitive to typical kinase inhibitors with nanomolar potency and demonstrate the potential for the development of species-specific inhibitors...
- Emerging roles of pseudokinasesJerome Boudeau
MRC Protein Phosphorylation Unit, School of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Dundee DD1 5EH, UK
Trends Cell Biol 16:443-52. 2006..We also discuss the emerging functions of other pseudokinases, including HER3 (also called ErbB3), EphB6, CCK4 (also called PTK7), KSR, Trb3, GCN2, TRRAP, ILK and CASK...
- Kinomer v. 1.0: a database of systematically classified eukaryotic protein kinasesDavid M A Martin
College of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Dow Street, Dundee DD1 5EH, Scotland, UK
Nucleic Acids Res 37:D244-50. 2009..Kinomer v. 1.0 is available at http://www.compbio.dundee.ac.uk/kinomer/...
- Genome analysis of the unicellular green alga Chlamydomonas reinhardtii Indicates an ancient evolutionary origin for key pattern recognition and cell-signaling protein familiesGlen L Wheeler
Plymouth Marine Laboratory, Prospect Pl, Plymouth PL1 3DH, United Kingdom
Genetics 179:193-7. 2008..These important signaling domains may therefore be widespread among eukaryotes and most probably evolved in ancestral eukaryotes before the divergence of the Opisthokonts (the animal and fungal lineage)...