William P L Mandy
Affiliation: University College London
- Easing the transition to secondary education for children with autism spectrum disorder: An evaluation of the Systemic Transition in Education Programme for Autism Spectrum Disorder (STEP-ASD)William Mandy
University College London UCL, UK
Autism 20:580-90. 2016..010). These encouraging findings suggest the value of STEP-ASD as a low-intensity intervention for reducing problem behaviours and distress in children with autism spectrum disorder as they transition to mainstream secondary school. ..
- The transition from primary to secondary school in mainstream education for children with autism spectrum disorderWilliam Mandy
University College London UCL, UK
Autism 20:5-13. 2016..Future research should investigate factors, such as school characteristics, that influence the move to secondary education in autism spectrum disorder, to inform the development of interventions to promote successful school transition. ..
- Three dimensions of oppositionality in autism spectrum disorderWilliam Mandy
Research Department of Clinical, Educational and Health Psychology, UCL, Gower Street, WC1N 6BT, London, UK
J Abnorm Child Psychol 42:291-300. 2014....
- Oppositionality and socioemotional competence: interacting risk factors in the development of childhood conduct disorder symptomsWilliam Mandy
Department of Clinical, Education and Health Psychology, University College London, UK
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 52:718-27. 2013....
- Sex differences in autism spectrum disorder: evidence from a large sample of children and adolescentsWilliam Mandy
Research Department of Clinical, Educational and Health Psychology, University College London, Gower Street, London WC1N 6BT, UK
J Autism Dev Disord 42:1304-13. 2012..The female phenotype we describe was stable across our sample's age range. Their milder RSBs and less severe difficulties at school may lead to under-recognition of ASD in females...
- Testing the construct validity of proposed criteria for DSM-5 autism spectrum disorderWilliam P L Mandy
Research Department of Clinical, Health and Educational Psychology, University College London, London, UK
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 51:41-50. 2012..To use confirmatory factor analysis to test the construct validity of the proposed DSM-5 symptom model of autism spectrum disorder (ASD), in comparison to alternative models, including that described in DSM-IV-TR...
- Research review: What is the association between the social-communication element of autism and repetitive interests, behaviours and activities?William P L Mandy
Sub Department of Clinical Health Psychology, University College London, London, UK
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 49:795-808. 2008..Some clinical and research implications are discussed...
- Toward specifying pervasive developmental disorder-not otherwise specifiedWilliam Mandy
Research Department of Clinical, Educational and Health Psychology, University College London, Gower Street, London WC1N 6BT, United Kingdom
Autism Res 4:121-31. 2011..The current draft guidelines for DSM-V, which mandate the presence of RSBs for any PDD diagnosis, would exclude such people from the autistic spectrum...
- Measuring autistic traits: heritability, reliability and validity of the Social and Communication Disorders ChecklistDavid H Skuse
Behavioural and Brain Sciences Unit, Institute of Child Health, 30 Guilford Street, London WC1N 1EH, UK
Br J Psychiatry 187:568-72. 2005..Whole-population surveys of unselected samples of children are hampered by the lack of appropriate screening instruments...
- Neurodevelopmental, emotional, and behavioural problems in Duchenne muscular dystrophy in relation to underlying dystrophin gene mutationsValeria Ricotti
Dubowitz Neuromuscular Centre, UCL Institute of Child Health, London, UK
Dev Med Child Neurol 58:77-84. 2016..Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD) is associated with neuropsychiatric disorders. The aim of the study was to characterize the DMD neuropsychiatric profile fully and to explore underlying genotype/phenotype associations...
- High-functioning autism and Asperger's disorder: utility and meaning for familiesLuisa Ruiz Calzada
Research Department of Clinical, Educational and Health Psychology, University College London, Gower Street, London, UK
J Autism Dev Disord 42:230-43. 2012..Improvement of post-diagnostic services will improve the utility of AD and AsD...