Affiliation: University of Liverpool
- Rational and combinatorial design of peptide capping ligands for gold nanoparticlesRaphael Levy
Center for Nanoscale Science, University of Liverpool, Liverpool L69 7ZB, UK
J Am Chem Soc 126:10076-84. 2004..A simple strategy for the introduction of recognition groups is proposed and demonstrated with biotin and Strep-tag II...
- A generic approach to monofunctionalized protein-like gold nanoparticles based on immobilized metal ion affinity chromatographyRaphael Levy
Centre for Nanoscale Science, School of Biological Sciences, Department of Chemistry, University of Liverpool, Liverpool, L69 7ZB, UK
Chembiochem 7:592-4. 2006
- Peptide-capped gold nanoparticles: towards artificial proteinsRaphael Levy
School of Biological Sciences, Centre for Nanoscale Science, University of Liverpool, Crown Street, Liverpool L69 7ZB, UK
Chembiochem 7:1141-5. 2006..Recent applications as artificial enzymes and artificial enzyme substrates are presented. The limitations and long-term potential of peptide-capped nanoparticles as artificial proteins are discussed...
- The peptide route to multifunctional gold nanoparticlesZhenxin Wang
Centre for Nanoscale Science, Department of Chemistry, The University of Liverpool, Liverpool, UK
Bioconjug Chem 16:497-500. 2005..Stabilization and biofunctionalization has been achieved in a single preparative step starting with citrate-stabilized gold hydrosols and a derivatization cocktail of peptide-capping ligands, which carry the functionalities of choice...
- TAT and HA2 Facilitate Cellular Uptake of Gold Nanoparticles but Do Not Lead to Cytosolic LocalisationYann Cesbron
Department of Chemistry, University of Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom Institute of Integrative Biology, University of Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom CNRS, UMR 6290, Institute of Genetics and Development of Rennes, Rennes, France Université de Rennes 1, Universite Europeenne de Bretagne, Structure fédérative de recherche Biosit, Faculte de Medecine, Rennes, France
PLoS ONE 10:e0121683. 2015..While their uptake increased when the TAT and/or HA2 viral peptides were present on their surface, we did not observe a significant cytosolic delivery of the gold nanoparticles. ..
- Long-term tracking of cells using inorganic nanoparticles as contrast agents: are we there yet?Arthur Taylor
Institute of Translational Medicine, University of Liverpool, Crown Street, L69 3BX, Liverpool, United Kingdom
Chem Soc Rev 41:2707-17. 2012..We also examine the findings obtained in pre-clinical studies that expose potential misinterpretation that can occur when using inorganic nanoparticles for in vivo imaging...
- Supramolecular domains in mixed peptide self-assembled monolayers on gold nanoparticlesLaurence Duchesne
School of Biological Sciences and Liverpool Institute of Nanoscale Science, Engineering and Technology, University of Liverpool, Biosciences Building, Crown Street, Liverpool L697ZB, UK
Chembiochem 9:2127-34. 2008..Comparison of the experimental results with a probabilistic model demonstrates that the peptides are not randomly distributed at the surface of the nanoparticle, but rather self-organize into supramolecular domains...
- High-resolution sizing of monolayer-protected gold clusters by differential centrifugal sedimentationZeljka Krpetić
Department of Chemistry, University of Liverpool, Liverpool L69 7ZD, United Kingdom
ACS Nano 7:8881-90. 2013..Unlike TEM, DCS is highly sensitive to small changes in the thickness of the organic ligand shell and can be applied to monitor shell thickness variations of as little as 0.1 nm on particles of a given core size. ..
- Stripy nanoparticles revisitedYann Cesbron
Structural and Chemical Biology, Institute of Integrative Biology, University of Liverpool Biosciences Bldg, Crown Street, L69 7ZB, UK CNRS, UMR 6290, Institut Génétique et Développement de Rennes, F 35043 Rennes, France, Universite de Rennes 1, Universite Europeenne de Bretagne, Structure fédérative de recherche Biosit, Faculte de Medecine, F 35043 Rennes, France
Small 8:3714-9. 2012..Using simple geometrical arguments, fast-Fourier transform and experimental investigations, we conclude that the observed stripes are an imaging artifact...
- Amyloid-derived peptide forms self-assembled monolayers on gold nanoparticle with a curvature-dependent β-sheet structureChristopher P Shaw
Institute of Integrative Biology, University of Liverpool, Liverpool L69 7ZB, United Kingdom
ACS Nano 6:1416-26. 2012..Coupling is detected for CFGAILSS-capped gold nanoparticles, however, consistent with an intermolecular (13)C-(13)C distance of 5.0 ± 0.3 Å, in agreement with intermolecular hydrogen bonding in a parallel β-sheet structure...
- Cathepsin L digestion of nanobioconjugates upon endocytosisViolaine See
Centre for Cell Imaging, University of Liverpool, UK
ACS Nano 3:2461-8. 2009..Preservation of the bioconjugates can be achieved by a combination of cathepsin inhibition and endosome disruption...