Siow Ming Lee
Affiliation: University College London
- Active symptom control with or without chemotherapy in the treatment of patients with malignant pleural mesothelioma (MS01): a multicentre randomised trialMartin F Muers
Leeds General Infirmary, Leeds, UK
Lancet 371:1685-94. 2008..We investigated whether the addition of chemotherapy to ASC improved survival and quality of life...
- Axitinib for the treatment of advanced non-small-cell lung cancerJudy W King
University College London Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Department of Oncology, 235 Euston Road, London NW1 2PG, UK
Expert Opin Investig Drugs 22:765-73. 2013..Axitinib is one of the latest and most potent anti-angiogenic tyrosine kinase inhibitors (TKI) currently being evaluated to treat NSCLC...
- Randomized trial of erlotinib plus whole-brain radiotherapy for NSCLC patients with multiple brain metastasesSiow Ming Lee
Affiliations of authors Department of Oncology, University College London UCL Cancer Institute and UCL Hospitals, London, UK SML, NP Department of Oncology, Charing Cross Hospital, London, UK CRL Cancer Research UK and UCL Cancer Trials Centre, UCL Cancer Institute, London, UK NC, CW, yn, AH Department of Oncology, Southampton General Hospital, Southampton, UK CO, AB Radiotherapy Related Research, the Christie NHS Foundation Trust, Manchester CFF, UK
J Natl Cancer Inst 106:. 2014....
- A potential new enriching trial design for selecting non-small-cell lung cancer patients with no predictive biomarker for trials based on both histology and early tumor response: further analysis of a thalidomide trialSiow Ming Lee
Department of Oncology, University College London UCL Hospitals and UCL Cancer Institute, 250 Euston Road, London, NW1 2PG, United Kingdom
Cancer Med 2:360-6. 2013..Such an approach might be suitable for trials where there are no predictive biomarkers. ..
- First-line erlotinib in patients with advanced non-small-cell lung cancer unsuitable for chemotherapy (TOPICAL): a double-blind, placebo-controlled, phase 3 trialSiow Ming Lee
University College London Cancer Institute and University College London Hospitals, London, UK
Lancet Oncol 13:1161-70. 2012..We investigated whether erlotinib improves clinical outcome in these patients...
- Anti-angiogenesis drugs in lung cancerSiow Ming Lee
University College London Hospital and UCL Cancer Institute, London, Department of Oncology, University College Hospital, London, UK
Respirology 15:387-92. 2010..In lung cancer the use of these drugs has resulted in both positive and negative studies. In this paper the pros and cons are presented. We hope that this information will help the physician in making a proper treatment choice...
- Randomized double-blind placebo-controlled trial of thalidomide in combination with gemcitabine and Carboplatin in advanced non-small-cell lung cancerSiow Ming Lee
University College Hospital, London, United Kingdom
J Clin Oncol 27:5248-54. 2009..We hypothesized that thalidomide, an oral antiangiogenic agent, when combined with chemotherapy, and as maintenance treatment, would improve survival in patients with advanced non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC)...
- Anti-angiogenic therapy using thalidomide combined with chemotherapy in small cell lung cancer: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trialSiow Ming Lee
Department of Oncology, University College Hospital, 250 Euston Road, London, UK
J Natl Cancer Inst 101:1049-57. 2009..We evaluated thalidomide, an anti-angiogenic agent, when combined with chemotherapy and as maintenance treatment...
- Comparison of gemcitabine and carboplatin versus cisplatin and etoposide for patients with poor-prognosis small cell lung cancerS M Lee
Department of Oncology, University College Hospital, London, UK
Thorax 64:75-80. 2009..This non-inferiority design trial aimed to determine whether the combination of gemcitabine and carboplatin (GC) results in similar survival but is less toxic with better quality of life...
- Phase II trial of thalidomide with chemotherapy and as maintenance therapy for patients with poor prognosis small-cell lung cancerSiow Ming Lee
Department of Oncology, University College Hospital, 250 Euston Road, London NW1 2PG, UK
Lung Cancer 59:364-8. 2008..Despite the high response rates achieved following standard chemotherapy for small-cell lung cancer (SCLC), the majority of patients will subsequently die from disease progression...
- Cost-effectiveness of first-line erlotinib in patients with advanced non-small-cell lung cancer unsuitable for chemotherapyIftekhar Khan
CRUK and UCL Cancer Trial Centre, University College London, London, UK Department of Applied Health Research, University College London, London, UK
BMJ Open 5:e006733. 2015....
- A retrospective, multi-center analysis of treatment intensification for human immunodeficiency virus-positive patients with high-risk diffuse large B-cell lymphomaShireen Kassam
Royal Free Hospital, London, UK
Leuk Lymphoma 54:1921-7. 2013..In our cohort, the outcome for HIV-positive patients with high-risk DLBCL is favorable. Treatment intensification is feasible, but demonstrated no advantage over R-CHOP...
- Tracking genomic cancer evolution for precision medicine: the lung TRACERx studyMariam Jamal-Hanjani
Translational Cancer Therapeutics Laboratory, University College London Cancer Institute, London, United Kingdom Department of Medical Oncology, University College London Hospitals, London, United Kingdom
PLoS Biol 12:e1001906. 2014....
- Randomized Prospective Biomarker Trial of ERCC1 for Comparing Platinum and Nonplatinum Therapy in Advanced Non-Small-Cell Lung Cancer: ERCC1 Trial (ET)Siow Ming Lee
Siow Ming Lee, Mary Falzon, Martin Forster, Arrigo Capitanio, Robin Rudd, Natasha Iles, Yenting Ngai, Michael Gandy, Rachel Lillywhite, and Allan Hackshaw, University College London, University College London Hospitals James Spicer, Guy s and St Thomas s NHS Foundation Trust Conrad Lewanski, Charing Cross Hospital, London Fiona Blackhall, the Christie NHS Foundation Trust, Manchester Marianne Nicolson, Aberdeen Royal Infirmary, Aberdeen Abhro Chaudhuri, Lincoln County Hospital, Lincoln Gary Middleton, University of Birmingham, Birmingham Samreen Ahmed, Leicester Royal Infirmary, Leicester Jonathan Hicks, New Victoria Hospital, Kingston Upon Thames Barbara Crosse, Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust, Huddersfield Mark Napier, North Devon District Hospital, Barnstaple Julian M Singer, Princess Alexandra Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Harlow David Ferry, New Cross Hospital, Department of Urology
J Clin Oncol . 2016....
- Tumor lysis syndrome after treatment with docetaxel for non-small-cell lung cancerDaniel Ajzensztejn
Department of Oncology, The Whittington Hospital NHS Trust, London, United Kingdom
J Clin Oncol 24:2389-91. 2006
- Thymic 18F-fluorodeoxyglucose uptake on positron emission tomography scanning after doxorubicin, bleomycin, vincristin and dacarbazine chemotherapy and highly-active antiretroviral therapy in HIV-associated Hodgkin's disease in an adultSiow Ming Lee
AIDS 22:159-60. 2008
- Lomeguatrib, a potent inhibitor of O6-alkylguanine-DNA-alkyltransferase: phase I safety, pharmacodynamic, and pharmacokinetic trial and evaluation in combination with temozolomide in patients with advanced solid tumorsMalcolm Ranson
Department of Medical Oncology, University of Manchester, UK
Clin Cancer Res 12:1577-84. 2006....