Affiliation: University College London
- BSCC, Bethesda or other? Terminology in cervical cytology European panel discussionG Kocjan
Department of Histopathology, Cytology Laboratory, London, UK
Cytopathology 16:113-9. 2005..If the new classification is adopted, the UK would join the European consensus opinion on terminology...
- The role of breast FNAC in diagnosis and clinical management: a survey of current practiceG Kocjan
Department of Histopathology, University College London, London, UK
Cytopathology 19:271-8. 2008..CB and FNAC are not mutually exclusive. FNAC should be used in diagnosis of benign, symptomatic lesions and CB in microcalcifications, suspicious FNAC findings and malignancies where radiology cannot guarantee stromal invasion...
- Best Practice No 185. Cytological and molecular diagnosis of lymphomaG Kocjan
J Clin Pathol 58:561-7. 2005..Tissue biopsy, the conventional method of diagnosis, may be avoided in selected cases...
- Fine needle aspiration cytology of the pancreas: a guide to the diagnostic approachGabrijela Kocjan
Department of Cellular Pathology, University College Hospitals, London, UK
Coll Antropol 34:749-56. 2010..Endoscopic Ultrasound guided FNA (EUS FNA) is evolving as the diagnostic method of choice due to its ability to more accurately stage the patient during a single procedure using EUS...
- BSCC Code of Practice--fine needle aspiration cytologyG Kocjan
Department of Histopathology, University College Hospital, London, UK
Cytopathology 20:283-96. 2009..Laboratories are expected to have an effective quality management system conforming to the requirements of a recognised accreditation scheme such as Clinical Pathology Accreditation (UK) Ltd...
- Fine needle aspiration cytology: a survey of current European practiceG Kocjan
Cytopathology 17:219-26. 2006..Current emphasis on web-based training may not provide first hand experience of the FNAC procedure and should be supplemented by attending FNAC clinics and developing the technique to its full potential...
- Endoscopic ultrasound-guided tissue sampling by combined fine needle aspiration and trucut needle biopsy: a prospective studyJ Wittmann
Department of Gastroenterology, University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, London, UK
Cytopathology 17:27-33. 2006..We prospectively evaluated the safety and accuracy of EUS-FNA alone versus combined EUS-FNA and trucut needle biopsy (TNB) in patients referred to our Unit over a 3-year period...
- Salivary gland FNA cytology: role as a triage tool and an approach to pitfalls in cytomorphologyP Mairembam
Department of Histopathology, University College London Hospital, London, UK
Cytopathology 27:91-6. 2016..To discuss the diagnostic pitfalls and potential role of ancillary techniques in diagnosis and prognosis...
- Nasseem Husain: homage to a pioneer of cytology automationG Kocjan
Department of Cellular Pathology, University College London Hospitals, London, UK
Cytopathology 26:211-6. 2015..The life of this one remarkable man involved much of the pioneering work, which is reviewed in this article, that has brought conventional cytology to the complex multimodal discipline it is today. ..
- Serous fluid cytology of multicentric Castleman's disease and other lymphoproliferative disorders associated with Kaposi sarcoma-associated herpes virus: a review with case reportsC Lobo
Department of Pathology, Portuguese Oncology Institute, Porto I P O P, Portugal Department of Cellular Pathology, University College London, London, UK
Cytopathology 23:76-85. 2012..Serous fluid cytology of MCD and PBL has not, to our knowledge, thus far been described. Although different in nature, MCD, PBL and PEL are characterized by similar morphological features...
- Head and neck cancer in the UK: what is expected of cytopathology?G Kocjan
Department of Cellular Pathology, University College London Hospitals NHSFoundation Trust, London, UK
Cytopathology 20:69-77. 2009..The standards are not defined locally, as Strategic Health Authorities and Primary Care Trusts have been instructed by the Department of Health to support, invest and implement them...
- Intraoperative touch imprint cytology for the diagnosis of sentinel lymph node metastases in breast cancerD W Chicken
Academic Department of Surgery, Royal Free and University College Medical School, University College London, UK
Br J Surg 93:572-6. 2006..The aim of this study was to determine the accuracy of touch imprint cytology (TIC) for the diagnosis of SLN metastases in sentinel nodes from women with breast cancer...
- Diagnostic terminology for reporting thyroid fine needle aspiration cytology: European Federation of Cytology Societies thyroid working party symposium, Lisbon 2009G Kocjan
Department of Histopathology, University College London, UK
Cytopathology 21:86-92. 2010....
- EUS-guided tissue sampling: comparison of "dual sampling" (Trucut biopsy plus FNA) with "sequential sampling" (Trucut biopsy and then FNA as required)G P Aithal
Wolfson Digestive Diseases Centre, Queen s Medical Centre University Hospital, Nottingham, United Kingdom
Endoscopy 39:725-30. 2007..The aim of this study was to develop a strategy of combining these two EUS-guided sampling techniques in order to maximize the diagnostic accuracy and minimize duplication...
- Imprint cytology of the sentinel lymph node in the assessment of axillary node status in breast carcinomaD Ravichandran
Breast Unit, Luton and Dunstable Hospital, Luton LU4 0DZ, UK
Eur J Surg Oncol 30:238-42. 2004..Intra-operative assessment of the sentinel lymph node (SLN) status may allow the surgeon to complete the breast cancer surgery in most patients in one sitting. We have studied the role of imprint cytology in the assessment of SLN status...
- Fine needle aspiration cytologyG Kocjan
Cytopathology 14:307-8. 2003