Lisa A Jones
Affiliation: University of Birmingham
- Rapid cycling as a feature of bipolar disorder and comorbid migraineK Gordon-Smith
Institute of Psychological Medicine and Clinical Neurosciences, Cardiff University, UK Department of Psychiatry, School of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, University of Birmingham, UK Bipolar Disorder Research Network BDRN, bdrn org, UK
J Affect Disord 175:320-4. 2015..We aimed to determine the clinical characteristics that differentiate individuals with BD with and without comorbid migraine in a large, representative, clinically well-characterised UK sample...
- Cognitive style in bipolar disorderLisa Jones
Department of Psychiatry, Division of Neuroscience, University of Birmingham, Queen Elizabeth Psychiatric Hospital, Birmingham B15 2QZ, UK
Br J Psychiatry 187:431-7. 2005..Abnormalities of cognitive style in bipolar disorder are of both clinical and theoretical importance...
- Utility of the pooling approach as applied to whole genome association scans with high-density Affymetrix microarraysAlexandra Schosser
MRC SGDP Centre, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, London, UK
BMC Res Notes 3:274. 2010..The genotyping assay using the Affymetrix SNP 6.0 array is highly demanding on sample quality due to the small feature size, low redundancy, and lack of mismatch probes...
- The Bipolar Affective Disorder Dimension Scale (BADDS)--a dimensional scale for rating lifetime psychopathology in bipolar spectrum disordersNick Craddock
Department of Psychological Medicine, University of Wales College of Medicine, Heath Park, Cardiff CF14 4XN, UK
BMC Psychiatry 4:19. 2004..This latter limitation is particularly pertinent in the context of the increasing evidence for the existence of a broader bipolar spectrum than has been acknowledged within existing classifications...
- The Depression Network (DeNT) Study: methodology and sociodemographic characteristics of the first 470 affected sibling pairs from a large multi-site linkage genetic studyAnne Farmer
Medical Research Council Social Genetic and Developmental Psychiatry Centre, Institute of Psychiatry, London, UK
BMC Psychiatry 4:42. 2004..This study presents the method and socio-demographic details of the first 470 affected sibling pairs recruited from 8 different sites in Europe and the United States of America...
- Methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase gene variant (MTHFR C677T) and migraine: a case control study and meta-analysisZainab Samaan
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioural Neurosciences, McMaster University, Hamilton, ON, Canada
BMC Neurol 11:66. 2011..We aim to investigate the effect of this variant on propensity for migraine and to perform a systematic review and meta-analysis of studies of MTHFR and migraine to date...
- A comparison of course-related stressors in undergraduate problem-based learning (PBL) versus non-PBL medical programmesAlexander D Lewis
Medical School, College of Medical and Dental Sciences, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, UK
BMC Med Educ 9:60. 2009..The aim of this study is to investigate whether there are differences in course-related stressors reported by medical students on undergraduate problem-based learning (PBL) and non-PBL programmes in the UK...