Affiliation: University College London
- Detailed assessment of the hemodynamic response to psychosocial stress using real-time MRIAlexander Jones
Centre for Cardiovascular Imaging, UCL Institute of Child Health and Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children, London, United Kingdom
J Magn Reson Imaging 33:448-54. 2011..To demonstrate that combining the Montreal Imaging Stress Task (MIST) with real-time cardiac magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) allows detailed assessment of the cardiovascular mental stress response...
- Evidence for developmental programming of cerebral laterality in humansAlexander Jones
Centre for Cardiovascular Imaging, University College London Institute of Child Health, London, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 6:e17071. 2011..31, P = .0005 following stress). Our findings suggest that lateralization of cerebral activity is influenced persistently by early developmental experiences, with possible consequences for long-term neurocognitive function...
- Habitual alcohol consumption is associated with lower cardiovascular stress responses--a novel explanation for the known cardiovascular benefits of alcohol?Alexander Jones
Centre for Cardiovascular Imaging, UCL Institute of Cardiovascular Science, 30 Guilford Street, London, UK
Stress 16:369-76. 2013....
- Adiposity is associated with blunted cardiovascular, neuroendocrine and cognitive responses to acute mental stressAlexander Jones
Centre for Cardiovascular Imaging, UCL Institute of Cardiovascular Science, London, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 7:e39143. 2012..Although this may mitigate some long-term health risks of stress responsiveness, reduced performance under stress may be a more immediate negative consequence...
- High-resolution slice-selective Fourier velocity encoding in congenital heart disease using spiral SENSE with velocity unwrapJennifer A Steeden
UCL Centre for Cardiovascular MR, UCL Institute of Cardiovascular Science, London, United Kingdom
Magn Reson Med 67:1538-46. 2012..It was shown that in vitro and in vivo phase-contrast magnetic resonance tended to underestimate peak velocity when compared with Doppler ultrasound, whereas FVE agreed well with Doppler ultrasound...
- Pre-stenting with a bare metal stent before percutaneous pulmonary valve implantation: acute and 1-year outcomesJohannes Nordmeyer
Cardiovascular Unit, UCL Institute of Child Health, London, UK
Heart 97:118-23. 2011....
- Left ventricular diastolic dysfunction in pulmonary hypertension predicts functional capacity and clinical worsening: a tissue phase mapping studyDaniel S Knight
Centre for Cardiovascular Imaging, UCL Institute of Cardiovascular Science, London, UK
J Cardiovasc Magn Reson 17:116. 2015..To assess this, we implemented novel cardiovascular magnetic resonance (CMR) tissue phase mapping (TPM) to assess radial, longitudinal and tangential LV myocardial velocities in patients with PH...
- Childhood obesity and vascular phenotypes: a population studyMarietta Charakida
Vascular Physiology Unit, National Centre for Cardiovascular Disease Prevention and Outcomes, London, United Kingdom
J Am Coll Cardiol 60:2643-50. 2012..This study sought to assess the associations of childhood adiposity with vascular phenotype in pre-pubertal children...
- 3D-manufactured patient-specific models of congenital heart defects for communication in clinical practice: feasibility and acceptabilityGiovanni Biglino
Centre for Cardiovascular Imaging, Institute of Cardiovascular Science, University College London, London, UK
BMJ Open 5:e007165. 2015..To assess the communication potential of three-dimensional (3D) patient-specific models of congenital heart defects and their acceptability in clinical practice for cardiology consultations...