Affiliation: University of Oxford
- The RUDY study platform - a novel approach to patient driven research in rare musculoskeletal diseasesM K Javaid
Oxford NIHR Musculoskeletal Biomedcial Research Unit, Nuffield Department of Orthopaedics, Rheumatology and Musculoskeletal Sciences, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK
Orphanet J Rare Dis 11:150. 2016..The database structure, security and governance framework are described...
- Physiotherapy Rehabilitation for Osteoporotic Vertebral Fracture (PROVE): study protocol for a randomised controlled trialKaren L Barker
NIHR BRU, Nuffield Department of Orthopaedics, Rheumatology and Musculoskeletal Sciences, University of Oxford, Oxford OX3 7LD, UK
Trials 15:22. 2014..This pragmatic randomised controlled trial will investigate the clinical and cost-effectiveness of two different physiotherapy approaches for people with osteoporosis and vertebral fracture, in comparison to usual care...
- Hip fracture as the tracer conditionM Kassim Javaid
Oxford NIHR Musculoskeletal BRU, Nuffield Department of Orthopaedics, Rheumatology and Musculoskeletal Sciences, University of Oxford, UK Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre, Oxford University Hospitals Trust, UK Electronic address
Best Pract Res Clin Rheumatol 27:711-5. 2013..Both process and outcome standards have now been developed to benchmark clinical quality in the care of patients with hip fractures and fragility fractures at other sites...
- Individual magnetic resonance imaging and radiographic features of knee osteoarthritis in subjects with unilateral knee pain: the health, aging, and body composition studyM K Javaid
University of Oxford, Oxford, UK
Arthritis Rheum 64:3246-55. 2012..This study was undertaken to compare radiographic and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) features of knee OA and assess their ability to discriminate between painful and nonpainful knees in persons with unilateral symptoms...
- MAVIDOS Maternal Vitamin D Osteoporosis Study: study protocol for a randomized controlled trial. The MAVIDOS Study GroupNicholas C Harvey
MRC Lifecourse Epidemiology Unit, University of Southampton, Southampton General Hospital, Southampton, UK
Trials 13:13. 2012..MAVIDOS is a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial (ISRCTN82927713, registered 2008 Apr 11), funded by Arthritis Research UK, MRC, Bupa Foundation and NIHR...
- Self-reported weight at birth predicts measures of femoral size but not volumetric BMD in eldery men: MrOSM Kassim Javaid
NIHR Musculoskeletal BRU, University of Oxford, Oxford, United Kingdom
J Bone Miner Res 26:1802-7. 2011..Further research exploring the association between early developmental factors and lifetime fracture risk is needed and may inform primary preventative strategies for fracture prevention...
- Changes in proximal femoral mineral geometry precede the onset of radiographic hip osteoarthritis: The study of osteoporotic fracturesM K Javaid
University of California, San Francisco, USA
Arthritis Rheum 60:2028-36. 2009..Radiographic hip osteoarthritis (RHOA) is associated with increased hip areal bone mineral density (aBMD). This study was undertaken to examine whether femoral geometry is associated with RHOA independent of aBMD...
- Pre-radiographic MRI findings are associated with onset of knee symptoms: the most studyM K Javaid
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 18:323-8. 2010..We examined MRI abnormalities detected in knees without radiographic OA and their association with incident knee symptoms...
- High systemic bone mineral density increases the risk of incident knee OA and joint space narrowing, but not radiographic progression of existing knee OA: the MOST studyM C Nevitt
University of California, San Francisco, Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, 185 Berry Street, Lobby 4, Suite 5700, San Francisco, CA 94107 1762, USA
Ann Rheum Dis 69:163-8. 2010..The association of BMD with incident and progressive tibiofemoral OA was tested in a large prospective study of men and women aged 50-79 years with or at risk for knee OA...
- Prevalence of reported knee pain over twelve years in a community-based cohortA Soni
University of Oxford, Oxford, UK
Arthritis Rheum 64:1145-52. 2012..To describe the temporal patterns of knee pain in a community-based cohort over 12 years...