- Incidental findings in genetic research and clinical diagnostic tests: a systematic review
School of Nursing and Midwifery, Plymouth University, Plymouth, UK
Am J Med Genet A 158:3159-67. 2012
- Impact of fetal or child loss on parents' perceptions of non-invasive prenatal diagnosis for autosomal recessive conditions
Faculty of Health and Human Sciences, Plymouth University, Drake Circus, Plymouth, PL4 8AA, United Kingdom
Midwifery 34:105-10. 2016
..to explore parents' personal attitudes towards non-invasive prenatal diagnosis in the context of their own experiences caring for a child affected with a genetic condition or after the loss of a fetus, infant, or child due to the condition...
- Non-invasive prenatal testing for aneuploidy: a systematic review of Internet advertising to potential users by commercial companies and private health providers
Faculty of Health and Human Sciences, Plymouth University, Plymouth, United Kingdom
Prenat Diagn 35:1167-75. 2015
..The development of non-invasive prenatal testing has increased accessibility of fetal testing. Companies are now advertising prenatal testing for aneuploidy via the Internet...
- Can I get a retweet please? Health research recruitment and the Twittersphere
School of Nursing and Midwifery, Faculty of Health, Education and Society, Plymouth University, UK
J Adv Nurs 70:599-609. 2014
- Direct-to-consumer genomic testing from the perspective of the health professional: a systematic review of the literature
Faculty of Health, Education and Society, School of Nursing and Midwifery, Plymouth University, Room 300, Hepworth House, Drake Circus, Plymouth, PL4 8AA, UK
J Community Genet 4:169-80. 2013
..Finally, it is essential that health professionals receive sufficient education and guidelines to equip them to help patients presenting with the results of these tests...
- Offering prenatal diagnostic tests: European guidelines for clinical practice [corrected]
Faculty of Health, Education and Society, Plymouth University, Plymouth, UK
Eur J Hum Genet 22:580-6. 2014
..Ideally, an individualised approach to each family is required to ensure autonomous choice and informed consent regarding prenatal diagnostic testing within the local ethical and legal framework. ..
- Guidance for patients considering direct-to-consumer genetic testing and health professionals involved in their care: development of a practical decision tool
School of Nursing and Midwifery, Faculty of Health and Human Sciences, Plymouth University, Plymouth, UK
Fam Pract 31:341-8. 2014
..However, health professionals and bioethics organizations expressed concerns about potential harms resulting from these tests. Using this evidence, we constructed a list of topics to be included in proposed guidelines...
- Informed consent for blood tests in people with a learning disability
Faculty of Health, Education and Society, Plymouth University, Devon, UK
J Adv Nurs 69:1966-76. 2013
..The aims of the study were to explore the information needs of people with mild-to-moderate learning disabilities with respect to consent for blood tests and to identify ways of facilitating informed consent...
- Quality in genetic counselling for presymptomatic testing--clinical guidelines for practice across the range of genetic conditions
Faculty of Health, Education and Society, Plymouth, University, Taunton, UK
Eur J Hum Genet 21:256-60. 2013
..We recommend the adoption of these guidelines to provide an equitable structure for those seeking PST in any country...
- Direct-to-consumer genomic testing: systematic review of the literature on user perspectives
Faculty of Health, Education and Society, Plymouth University, Somerset, UK
Eur J Hum Genet 20:811-6. 2012
..We also consider that there are educational implications for both consumers and health professionals...
- Utility and limitations of genetic/genomic information and testing
Faculty of Health and Human Sciences, Education and Society, Plymouth University, Plymouth
Nurs Stand 28:45-9. 2013
..This is essential to ensure that nurses can confidently provide genetics and genomics health care. ..