Natalie J Ives
Affiliation: University of Birmingham
- Statistical analysis plan for the Stroke Oxygen Study (SO₂S): a multi-center randomized controlled trial to assess whether routine oxygen supplementation in the first 72 hours after a stroke improves long-term outcomeJulius Sim
Health Services Research Unit, Keele University, Keele ST5 5BG, UK
Trials 15:229. 2014..The secondary hypothesis is that restricting oxygen supplementation to night time only is more effective than continuous supplementation. This paper describes the statistical analysis plan for the study...
- Lee Silverman voice treatment versus standard NHS speech and language therapy versus control in Parkinson's disease (PD COMM pilot): study protocol for a randomized controlled trialCatherine M Sackley
School of Rehabilitation Sciences, University of East Anglia, Earlham Road, Norwich NR4 7TJ, UK
Trials 15:213. 2014....
- Short course daily prednisolone therapy during an upper respiratory tract infection in children with relapsing steroid-sensitive nephrotic syndrome (PREDNOS 2): protocol for a randomised controlled trialNicholas J A Webb
Department of Paediatric Nephrology and NIHR Wellcome Trust Children s Clinical Research Facility, University of Manchester, Manchester Academic Health Science Centre, Royal Manchester Children s Hospital, Manchester, UK
Trials 15:147. 2014..The aim of PREDNOS 2 is to evaluate the effectiveness of a 6-day course of daily prednisolone therapy during an URTI in reducing the development of a subsequent relapse in a developed nation...
- Plasma exchange and glucocorticoid dosing in the treatment of anti-neutrophil cytoplasm antibody associated vasculitis (PEXIVAS): protocol for a randomized controlled trialMichael Walsh
Departments of Medicine and Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Marian Wing, Division of Nephrology, McMaster University, St, Joseph s Hospital, 50 Charlton Ave East, Hamilton, ON L8S 4A6, Canada
Trials 14:73. 2013..A randomized study of both plasma exchange and glucocorticoids is required to evaluate plasma exchange and oral glucocorticoid dosing in patients with AAV...
- Deep brain stimulation plus best medical therapy versus best medical therapy alone for advanced Parkinson's disease (PD SURG trial): a randomised, open-label trialAdrian Williams
Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Birmingham, Birmingham, UK
Lancet Neurol 9:581-91. 2010..We aimed to assess whether surgery and best medical therapy improved self-reported quality of life more than best medical therapy alone in patients with advanced Parkinson's disease...
- Chemotherapy compared with biochemotherapy for the treatment of metastatic melanoma: a meta-analysis of 18 trials involving 2,621 patientsNatalie J Ives
Birmingham Clinical Trials Unit, Division of Medical Sciences, Robert Aitken Institute, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham, United Kingdom
J Clin Oncol 25:5426-34. 2007..The only subgroup analysis performed was by type of immunotherapy, with trials divided according to whether IFN only or IFN and IL-2 were administered in the biochemotherapy arm...
- Monoamine oxidase type B inhibitors in early Parkinson's disease: meta-analysis of 17 randomised trials involving 3525 patientsNatalie J Ives
Birmingham Clinical Trials Unit, University of Birmingham, Birmingham B15 2RR
BMJ 329:593. 2004..To quantify more reliably the benefits and risks of monoamine oxidase type B inhibitors (MAOBIs) in early Parkinson's disease...
- Continuing uncertainty about the value of percutaneous revascularization in atherosclerotic renovascular disease: a meta-analysis of randomized trialsNatalie J Ives
Birmingham Clinical Trials Unit, The University of Birmingham, Park Grange, 1 Somerset Road, Edgbaston, Birmingham B15 2RR, UK
Nephrol Dial Transplant 18:298-304. 2003..To study the effect of revascularization on blood pressure (BP) and serum creatinine (SCr) in patients with atherosclerotic renovascular disease (ARVD)...
- Interleukin-2 receptor monoclonal antibodies in renal transplantation: meta-analysis of randomised trialsDwomoa Adu
Department of Nephrology, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Birmingham, B15 2TH
BMJ 326:789. 2003..To study the effect of interleukin-2 receptor monoclonal antibodies on acute rejection episodes, graft loss, deaths, and rate of infection and malignancy in patients with renal transplants...
- Does adjuvant vaccine therapy really have activity in malignant melanoma?Keith Wheatley
J Clin Oncol 25:4693; author reply 4693-5. 2007
- High-dose chemotherapy for breast cancerKeith Wheatley
N Engl J Med 349:1476-9; author reply 1476-9. 2003