Tim A Holt
Affiliation: University of Oxford
- Automated Software System to Promote Anticoagulation and Reduce Stroke Risk: Cluster-Randomized Controlled TrialTim A Holt
From the Nuffield Department of Primary Care Health Sciences, Oxford University, United Kingdom T A H, S K, J H, D L, K K, J M, L M Y, F D R H Postgraduate School of Public Health, Health Education West Midlands, Birmingham, United Kingdom A D Primary Care Clinical Sciences, Birmingham University, United Kingdom T M, D F Westcliffe Medical Centre, Shipley, United Kingdom M F and School of Medicine, University of Nottingham, United Kingdom N Q
Stroke . 2017..We investigated the effectiveness of a software tool (AURAS-AF [Automated Risk Assessment for Stroke in Atrial Fibrillation]) designed to identify such individuals during routine care through a cluster-randomized trial...
- Evaluation of different recruitment and randomisation methods in a trial of general practitioner-led interventions to increase physical activity: a randomised controlled feasibility study with factorial designFiona C Warren
Primary Care Research Group, University of Exeter Medical School, St Luke s Campus, Heavitree Road, Exeter EX1 2LU, UK
Trials 15:134. 2014..We investigated the feasibility of (i) delivering three interventions to promote physical activity in inactive participants and (ii) different methods of participant recruitment and randomised allocation...
- Corticosteroid injection for shoulder pain: single-blind randomized pilot trial in primary careTim A Holt
Department of Primary Care Health Sciences, Oxford University, Radcliffe Observatory Quarter, Woodstock Rd, Oxford OX2 6GG, England
Trials 14:425. 2013..We plan a large, definitive, primary-care-based trial to determine efficacy and safety in patients with rotator cuff tendinopathy, and conducted a pilot trial to explore feasibility...
- Automated Risk Assessment for Stroke in Atrial Fibrillation (AURAS-AF)--an automated software system to promote anticoagulation and reduce stroke risk: study protocol for a cluster randomised controlled trialTim A Holt
Department of Primary Care Health Sciences, University of Oxford, Radcliffe Observatory Quarter, Woodstock Road, Oxford, OX2 6GG, England
Trials 14:385. 2013....
- The effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of telephone triage of patients requesting same day consultations in general practice: study protocol for a cluster randomised controlled trial comparing nurse-led and GP-led management systems (ESTEEM)John L Campbell
Primary Care Research Group, University of Exeter Medical School, Exeter EX1 2LU, UK
Trials 14:4. 2013....
- Risk of stroke and oral anticoagulant use in atrial fibrillation: a cross-sectional surveyTim A Holt
Department of Primary Care Health Sciences, Oxford University, Oxford, UK
Br J Gen Pract 62:e710-7. 2012..Oral anticoagulants substantially reduce the risk of stroke in atrial fibrillation but are underutilised in current practice...
- Changing clinical practice through patient specific reminders available at the time of the clinical encounter: systematic review and meta-analysisTim A Holt
Department of Primary Care Health Sciences, University of Oxford, 2nd Floor, 23 38 Hythe Bridge Street, Oxford, OX1 2ET, UK
J Gen Intern Med 27:974-84. 2012..To synthesise current evidence for the influence on clinical behaviour of patient-specific electronically generated reminders available at the time of the clinical encounter...