Affiliation: University of York
- Phylogeny of the Glomerales and Diversisporales (fungi: Glomeromycota) from actin and elongation factor 1-alpha sequencesThorunn Helgason
Department of Biology, PO Box 373, University of York, York, YO10 5YW, UK
FEMS Microbiol Lett 229:127-32. 2003..Joint phylogenetic analysis of the actin and EF1-alpha sequences suggested that the sister group to the AM fungi was a Zygomycete order, the Mortierellales...
- Natural selection and the evolutionary ecology of the arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi (Phylum Glomeromycota)Thorunn Helgason
Biology Department, University of York, PO Box 373, York YO10 5YW, UK
J Exp Bot 60:2465-80. 2009....
- Distinct seasonal assemblages of arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi revealed by massively parallel pyrosequencingAlex J Dumbrell
Department of Biology, University of York, Wentworth Way, York, UK
New Phytol 190:794-804. 2011..Climate change effects on seasonal temperatures may therefore substantially alter future AM fungal community dynamics and ecosystem functioning...
- Relative roles of niche and neutral processes in structuring a soil microbial communityAlex J Dumbrell
Department of Biology, University of York, York, UK
ISME J 4:337-45. 2010..The strong response to environmental factors of this community highlights the susceptibility of soil microbes to environmental change...
- Fungi in the future: interannual variation and effects of atmospheric change on arbuscular mycorrhizal fungal communitiesT E Anne Cotton
Department of Biology, University of York, York, YO10 5DD, UK School of Biological Sciences, University of Essex, Wivenhoe Park, Colchester, CO4 3SQ, UK Department of Animal and Plant Sciences, Alfred Denny Building, University of Sheffield, Western Bank, Sheffield, S10 2TN, UK
New Phytol 205:1598-607. 2015..We suggest that changes in carbon availability are important determinants of the community dynamics of AM fungi...
- Evaluating techniques for metagenome annotation using simulated sequence dataRichard J Randle-Boggis
Department of Biology, University of York, York YO10 5DD, UK
FEMS Microbiol Ecol 92:. 2016..Ultimately, there is a trade-off between taxonomic resolution and annotation accuracy. These results should be considered when annotating metagenomes and interpreting results from previous studies. ..
- Biogeography of Paenibacillus larvae, the causative agent of American foulbrood, using a new multilocus sequence typing schemeBarbara J Morrissey
Biology Department, University of York, PO Box 373, York, YO10 5YW, UK Food and Environment Research Agency, Sand Hutton, York, YO41 1LZ, UK
Environ Microbiol 17:1414-24. 2015..The new typing scheme facilitates epidemiological study of this costly disease of a key pollinator. ..
- What goes in must come out: testing for biases in molecular analysis of arbuscular mycorrhizal fungal communitiesT E Anne Cotton
Department of Biology, University of York, York, United Kingdom School of Biological Sciences, University of Essex, Colchester, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 9:e109234. 2014..This finding greatly improves our confidence in methods that quantitatively examine AM fungal communities, providing a greater understanding of the ecology of these important fungi. ..
- A typing scheme for the honeybee pathogen Melissococcus plutonius allows detection of disease transmission events and a study of the distribution of variantsEdward Haynes
University of York, Wentworth Way, York, YO10 5DD, UK
Environ Microbiol Rep 5:525-9. 2013..We also demonstrate the persistence of local variants over time...