- EpiChIP: gene-by-gene quantification of epigenetic modification levelsDaniel Hebenstreit
MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Hills Rd, CB2 0QH Cambridge, UK
Nucleic Acids Res 39:e27. 2011..We have developed a software package called EpiChIP that carries out this type of analysis, including integration with and visualization of gene expression data...
- Analysis and simulation of gene expression profiles in pure and mixed cell populationsDaniel Hebenstreit
MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Hills Rd, Cambridge CB2 0QH, UK
Phys Biol 8:035013. 2011..This will be important for the interpretation of next-generation sequencing data such as transcriptomics by mRNA-sequencing and ChIP-sequencing of epigenetic marks...
- RNA sequencing reveals two major classes of gene expression levels in metazoan cellsDaniel Hebenstreit
Structural Studies Division, MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, UK
Mol Syst Biol 7:497. 2011..These observations are confirmed in many other microarray and RNA-seq data sets of metazoan cell types...
- The Regulatory T Cell Lineage Factor Foxp3 Regulates Gene Expression through Several Distinct Mechanisms Mostly Independent of Direct DNA BindingXin Xie
MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, United Kingdom
PLoS Genet 11:e1005251. 2015..We show that, in one such mechanism, Foxp3 recruits class I histone deacetylases to the promoters of target genes, counteracting activation-induced histone acetylation and thereby suppressing their expression. ..
- Duel of the fates: the role of transcriptional circuits and noise in CD4+ cellsDaniel Hebenstreit
MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 0QH, UK
Curr Opin Cell Biol 24:350-8. 2012..These processes and their interplay will also govern gene expression patterns in the different CD4+ cell types, and the determination of their cellular fates...