P R Heath
Affiliation: University of Sheffield
- The battle of the sexes starts in the oviduct: modulation of oviductal transcriptome by X and Y-bearing spermatozoaCarmen Almiñana
Academic Unit of Reproductive and Developmental Medicine, Department of Human Metabolism, The University of Sheffield, Level 4, The Jessop Wing, Tree Root Walk, Sheffield S10 2SF, UK
BMC Genomics 15:293. 2014..Here we investigated the alternative possibility, namely that the oviducts can recognise X- and Y- spermatozoa, and may thus be able to bias the offspring sex ratio...
- Downregulation of genes with a function in axon outgrowth and synapse formation in motor neurones of the VEGFdelta/delta mouse model of amyotrophic lateral sclerosisAlice Brockington
Academic Neurology Unit, University of Sheffield, E Floor, Medical School, Beech Hill Road, Sheffield S10 2RX, UK
BMC Genomics 11:203. 2010..Investigating the molecular pathways to neurodegeneration in the VEGFdelta/delta mouse model of ALS may improve understanding of the mechanisms of motor neurone death in the human disease...
- Quantitative assessment of AMPA receptor mRNA in human spinal motor neurons isolated by laser capture microdissectionP R Heath
Academic Unit Neurology, Division of Genomic Medicine, Medical School, University of Sheffield, UK
Neuroreport 13:1753-7. 2002..Thus, it is likely that human spinal motor neurons express a proportion of Ca2+-permeable AMPA receptors which may contribute to the selective vulnerability of these cells in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis...
- Expression microdissection isolation of enriched cell populations from archival brain tissueC Appleby-Mallinder
Sheffield Institute for Translational Neuroscience, University of Sheffield, UK
J Neurosci Methods 268:125-30. 2016..Expression microdissection (xMD) is a new technique that begins to address these pitfalls, such as operator dependence and contamination...
- Calcium dysregulation in relation to Alzheimer-type pathology in the ageing brainC Garwood
Sheffield Institute for Translational Neuroscience, Department of Neuroscience, University of Sheffield, Sheffield, UK
Neuropathol Appl Neurobiol 39:788-99. 2013..In this study we sought to determine the expression of calpain-10 and calcium/calmodulin-dependent kinase alpha (CamKIIα) in relation to Alzheimer-type pathology in a population-based study...