Jason H Gill
Affiliation: University of Bradford
- Development of a novel tumor-targeted vascular disrupting agent activated by membrane-type matrix metalloproteinasesJennifer M Atkinson
Institute of Cancer Therapeutics, University of Bradford, Bradford, West Yorkshire, UK
Cancer Res 70:6902-12. 2010..Our findings support the clinical development of ICT2588, which achieves selective VDA targeting based on MT-MMP activation in the tumor microenvironment...
- MMP-10 is overexpressed, proteolytically active, and a potential target for therapeutic intervention in human lung carcinomasJason H Gill
Cancer Research UK Laboratories, Tom Connors Cancer Research Centre, University of Bradford, Bradford BD7 1DP, UK
Neoplasia 6:777-85. 2004..Our results suggest that MMP-10 is expressed and active at high levels in human NSCLC compared to normal lung tissues, and, as such, is a potential target for the development of novel therapeutics for lung cancer treatment...
- NAD(P)H:Quinone oxidoreductase-1 C609T polymorphism analysis in human superficial bladder cancers: relationship of genotype status to NQO1 phenotype and clinical response to Mitomycin CSaurajyoti Basu
Cancer Research Unit, Tom Connors Cancer Research Centre, Bradford BD7 1DP, UK
Int J Oncol 25:921-7. 2004..The results of this retrospective study suggest that tailoring MMC therapy to individual patients with superficial bladder cancer on the basis of NQO1 genotype status is unlikely to be of clinical benefit...
- Expression of matrix metalloproteinase-10 in human bladder transitional cell carcinomaJill M Seargent
Cancer Research UK Laboratories, Tom Connors Cancer Research Centre, University of Bradford, Bradford, United Kingdom
Urology 65:815-20. 2005..MMP-mediated degradation of the extracellular matrix is an important factor in the pathogenesis of tumorigenesis and metastasis...
- Antitumor activity of a duocarmycin analogue rationalized to be metabolically activated by cytochrome P450 1A1 in human transitional cell carcinoma of the bladderMark Sutherland
Institute of Cancer Therapeutics, University of Bradford, Bradford, UK
Mol Cancer Ther 12:27-37. 2013..This antitumor response was associated with detection of the CYP1A1-activated metabolite in tumors but not in the liver. Our findings support the further development of ICT2700 as a tumor-selective treatment for human bladder cancers...
- Sodium pancratistatin 3,4-o-cyclic phosphate, a water-soluble synthetic derivative of pancratistatin, is highly effective in a human colon tumor modelSteven D Shnyder
J Nat Prod 71:321-4. 2008..The mechanism of action of 1 and 2 appears to be similar. Thus compound 2, being considerably more soluble than 1, has good potential as an anticancer agent, and further investigation is warranted...
- Cytochrome P450 1B1 (CYP1B1) is overexpressed in human colon adenocarcinomas relative to normal colon: implications for drug developmentPaul Gibson
Cancer Research UK Laboratories, Tom Connors Cancer Research Centre, University of Bradford, Bradford BD7 1DP, United Kingdom
Mol Cancer Ther 2:527-34. 2003..Although these observations greatly support the development of CYP1B1 targeted anticancer therapies, they also indicate the caution that should be observed when developing such drugs...
- Immunohistochemical analysis of NAD(P)H:quinone oxidoreductase and NADPH cytochrome P450 reductase in human superficial bladder tumours: relationship between tumour enzymology and clinical outcome following intravesical mitomycin C therapySaurajyoti Basu
Cancer Research Unit, Tom Connors Cancer Research Centre, University of Bradford, Bradford BD7 1DP, United Kingdom
Int J Cancer 109:703-9. 2004....
- GW9662, a potent antagonist of PPARgamma, inhibits growth of breast tumour cells and promotes the anticancer effects of the PPARgamma agonist rosiglitazone, independently of PPARgamma activationJill M Seargent
Cancer Research Unit, Tom Connor s Cancer Research Centre, University of Bradford, All Saints Road, Bradford BD7 1DP, UK
Br J Pharmacol 143:933-7. 2004..As such, these data support the existence of PPARgamma-independent pathways and question the central belief that PPARgamma ligands mediate their anticancer effects via activation of PPARgamma...
- Secretory phospholipase A2 as a tumor-specific trigger for targeted delivery of a novel class of liposomal prodrug anticancer etherlipidsSimon S Jensen
LiPlasome Pharma A S, Technical University of Denmark, DK 2800 Lyngby, Denmark
Mol Cancer Ther 3:1451-8. 2004..This new approach also provides a promising system for tumor-selective delivery and release of conventional chemotherapeutics encapsulated in the sPLA2-degradable prodrug liposomes...
- Single-chain TNF, a TNF derivative with enhanced stability and antitumoral activityAnja Krippner-Heidenreich
University Stuttgart, Institute of Cell Biology and Immunology, Stuttgart, Germany
J Immunol 180:8176-83. 2008..Creation of single-chain variants is a new approach for improvement of functional activity of therapeutics based on TNF family ligands...