Affiliation: University of Oxford
- Activated astrocytes in areas of kainate-induced neuronal injury upregulate the expression of the metabotropic glutamate receptors 2/3 and 5F Ferraguti
Cambridge Brain Bank Laboratory, Department of Pathology, University of Cambridge, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge CB2 2QQ, UK
Exp Brain Res 137:1-11. 2001..Identification of the mechanisms of this adaptive plasticity will be central in the understanding of the events leading to neuronal survival and/or death...
- Immunolocalization of metabotropic glutamate receptor 1alpha (mGluR1alpha) in distinct classes of interneuron in the CA1 region of the rat hippocampusFrancesco Ferraguti
MRC Anatomical Neuropharmacology Unit, Department of Pharmacology, Oxford University, Mansfield Road, OX1 3TH Oxford, UK
Hippocampus 14:193-215. 2004..The identification of the specific subclasses of CA1 interneurons expressing mGluR1alpha provides the network basis for assessing the contribution of this receptor to the excitability of the hippocampus...
- Metabotropic glutamate receptor 8-expressing nerve terminals target subsets of GABAergic neurons in the hippocampusFrancesco Ferraguti
Department of Pharmacology, Oxford University, Oxford OX1 3TH, United Kingdom
J Neurosci 25:10520-36. 2005....
- Cell-type-specific recruitment of amygdala interneurons to hippocampal theta rhythm and noxious stimuli in vivoThomas C M Bienvenu
Medical Research Council Anatomical Neuropharmacology Unit, Department of Pharmacology, University of Oxford, Mansfield Road, Oxford OX1 3TH, UK
Neuron 74:1059-74. 2012..Thus, GABA is released onto BLA principal neurons in a time-, domain-, and sensory-specific manner. These specific synaptic actions likely cooperate to promote amygdalo-hippocampal synchrony involved in emotional memory formation...
- Synaptic heterogeneity between mouse paracapsular intercalated neurons of the amygdalaRaffaella Geracitano
MRC Anatomical Neuropharmacology Unit, Mansfield Road, Oxford OX1 3TH, UK
J Physiol 585:117-34. 2007....
- Depression of GABAergic input to identified hippocampal neurons by group III metabotropic glutamate receptors in the ratNaoki Kogo
Medical Research Council, Anatomical Neuropharmacology Unit, University Department of Pharmacology, Mansfield Road, Oxford, UK
Eur J Neurosci 19:2727-40. 2004..The high variability of L-AP4-evoked IPSC suppression is in line with the selective expression of presynaptic mGluRs by several distinct types of GABAergic neuron innervating each interneuron type...
- Hippocampal Theta Input to the Amygdala Shapes Feedforward Inhibition to Gate Heterosynaptic PlasticityMichaël Bazelot
MRC Brain Network Dynamics Unit, Department of Pharmacology, University of Oxford, Mansfield Road, Oxford OX1 3TH, UK
Neuron 87:1290-303. 2015..Hence, feedforward inhibition, known to enforce temporal fidelity of excitatory inputs, dominates hippocampus-amygdala interactions to gate heterosynaptic plasticity. VIDEO ABSTRACT...
- Functional expression of the GABA(A) receptor α2 and α3 subunits at synapses between intercalated medial paracapsular neurons of mouse amygdalaRaffaella Geracitano
Medical Research Council, Anatomical Neuropharmacology Unit, Department of Pharmacology, University of Oxford Oxford, UK
Front Neural Circuits 6:32. 2012..The data also provide an additional rationale to prompt the search of GABA(A) receptor α3 selective ligands as improved anxiolytic drugs...
- Gene structure of the human metabotropic glutamate receptor 5 and functional analysis of its multiple promoters in neuroblastoma and astroglioma cellsCorrado Corti
Cambridge Brain Bank Laboratory, Department of Pathology, University of Cambridge, Level 3 Laboratory Block Addenbrooke s Hospital, Hills Road, CB2 2QQ Cambridge, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 278:33105-19. 2003..These results suggest that alternative 5'-splicing and usage of multiple promoters may contribute regulatory mechanisms for tissue- and context-specific expression of the mGluR5 gene...
- Metabotropic glutamate receptor 4-immunopositive terminals of medium-sized spiny neurons selectively form synapses with cholinergic interneurons in the rat neostriatumEriko Kuramoto
Department of Morphological Brain Science, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Kyoto 606 8501, Japan
J Comp Neurol 500:908-22. 2007..These findings indicate that the mGluR4-positive terminals of MSN axon collaterals selectively form synapses with neostriatal cholinergic interneurons...
- Metabotropic glutamate receptorsFrancesco Ferraguti
Department of Pharmacology, Innsbruck Medical University, Peter Mayr Strasse 1a, A 6020, Innsbruck, Austria
Cell Tissue Res 326:483-504. 2006..The distinct regional, cellular and subcellular distribution of mGlus in the brain will be discussed in view of their relationship to neurotransmitter release sites and of possible functional implications...
- Altered dimerization of metabotropic glutamate receptor 3 in schizophreniaCorrado Corti
Department of Biology, Psychiatry Centre of Excellence in Drug Discovery, GlaxoSmithKline Medicines Research Centre, Verona, Italy
Biol Psychiatry 62:747-55. 2007....
- Neuropeptide Y gene therapy decreases chronic spontaneous seizures in a rat model of temporal lobe epilepsyFrancesco Noe
Department of Neuroscience, Mario Negri Inst for Pharmacol Res, Via G La Masa 19, 20156 Milano, Italy
Brain 131:1506-15. 2008..Our data show that this gene therapy strategy decreases spontaneous seizures and suppresses their progression in chronic epileptic rats, thus representing a promising new therapeutic strategy...
- Modulation of basal and stress-induced amygdaloid substance P release by the potent and selective NK1 receptor antagonist L-822429Nicolas Singewald
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Institute of Pharmacy, University of Innsbruck, Innsbruck, Austria
J Neurochem 106:2476-88. 2008....
- Synthesis and pharmacological characterisation of 2,4-dicarboxy-pyrroles as selective non-competitive mGluR1 antagonistsFabrizio Micheli
GlaxoSmithKline Medicine Research Centre, Via Fleming, 4 37135 Verona, Italy
Bioorg Med Chem 11:171-83. 2003..They interact within the 7 transmembrane (7TM) domain of the receptor and show antinociceptive properties when tested in a number of different animal models...
- Transcriptional activators and repressors for the neuron-specific expression of a metabotropic glutamate receptorLuca Crepaldi
Department of Pharmacology, Innsbruck Medical University, Peter Mayr Strasse 1a, A 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
J Biol Chem 282:17877-89. 2007..These results reveal the molecular bases for cell- and context-specific expression of an important glutamate receptor critically involved in synaptogenesis, neuronal differentiation, synaptic transmission, and plasticity...