Affiliation: University of Cambridge
- Electroporation of cDNA/Morpholinos to targeted areas of embryonic CNS in XenopusJulien Falk
Department of Physiology, Development and Neuroscience, University of Cambridge, Downing Street, Cambridge CB2 3DY, UK
BMC Dev Biol 7:107. 2007..Therefore, fine spatio-temporal control of over-expression or knock-down approaches is required to specifically address the role of a given gene in these processes...
- Rab5 and Rab4 regulate axon elongation in the Xenopus visual systemJulien Falk
Department of Physiology, Development, and Neuroscience, Anatomy Building, University of Cambridge, Cambridge CB2 3DY, United Kingdom
J Neurosci 34:373-91. 2014..Collectively, our results suggest that recycling from Rab5-positive endosomes via Rab4 occurs within the growth cone and thereby supports axon elongation. ..
- A role for S1P signalling in axon guidance in the Xenopus visual systemLaure Strochlic
Department of Physiology, Development and Neuroscience, Anatomy Building, University of Cambridge, Downing Street, Cambridge CB2 3DY, UK
Development 135:333-42. 2008..Together, the data identify downstream components that mediate S1P-induced growth cone responses and implicate S1P signalling in axon guidance...
- Synapse associated protein 102 is a novel binding partner to the cytoplasmic terminus of neurone-glial related cell adhesion moleculeFleur Davey
Bute Medical Building, School of Biology, University of St Andrews, UK
J Neurochem 94:1243-53. 2005..This is the first interaction reported for NrCAM, and its association with SAP102 suggests that it is part of a larger complex which can interact with many different signalling pathways...
- Weak effect of membrane diffusion on the rate of receptor accumulation at adhesive contactsOlivier Thoumine
CNRS 5091, Universite Bordeaux 2, Bordeaux, France
Biophys J 89:L40-2. 2005..The accumulation rate was rather insensitive to the type of receptor, suggesting that the long-range membrane diffusion of immunoglobin cell adhesion molecules is not a limiting step in the initiation of neuronal contacts...
- Dual functional activity of semaphorin 3B is required for positioning the anterior commissureJulien Falk
NMDA, UMR CNRS 6156, Institut de Biologie du Developpement de Marseille, Parc Scientifique de Luminy, 13288 Marseille Cedex 9, France
Neuron 48:63-75. 2005....
- Semaphorin3A regulates synaptic function of differentiated hippocampal neuronsFarima Bouzioukh
NMDA UMR CNRS 6156, IBDM, Universite de la Mediterranee, Parc Scientifique de Luminy, CASE 901 13288 Marseille cedex 9, France
Eur J Neurosci 23:2247-54. 2006..These observations reveal novel functional potentialities for secreted semaphorins, which suggest that these cues could modulate the morphology and function of synapses in the adult brain...