Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Nottingham
- Effects of hypoxia on muscle protein synthesis and anabolic signaling at rest and in response to acute resistance exerciseTimothy Etheridge
University of Nottingham, School of Graduate Entry Medicine and Health, Derby, UK
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 301:E697-702. 2011..We conclude that normobaric hypoxia does not reduce MPS over 3.5 h at rest but blunts the increased MPS response to acute RE to a degree dependent on extant SpO(2)...
- Muscle full effect after oral protein: time-dependent concordance and discordance between human muscle protein synthesis and mTORC1 signalingPhilip J Atherton
School of Graduate Entry Medicine and Health, Division of Clinical Physiology, University of Nottingham, Royal Derby Hospital, Derby, United Kingdom
Am J Clin Nutr 92:1080-8. 2010..We previously showed that human muscle protein synthesis (MPS) increased during infusion of amino acids (AAs) and peaked at ≈120 min before returning to baseline rates, despite elevated plasma AA concentrations...
- Calpains mediate integrin attachment complex maintenance of adult muscle in Caenorhabditis elegansTimothy Etheridge
School of Graduate Entry Medicine and Health, University of Nottingham, Royal Derby Hospital, Derby, United Kingdom
PLoS Genet 8:e1002471. 2012..Since C. elegans lacks satellite cells, this mechanism is intrinsic to the muscles and raises the question if such a mechanism also exists in higher metazoans...
- The integrin-adhesome is required to maintain muscle structure, mitochondrial ATP production, and movement forces in Caenorhabditis elegansTimothy Etheridge
Department of Sport and Health Science, College of Life and Environmental Sciences, and College of Engineering, Mathematics and Physical Science, University of Exeter, Exeter, United Kingdom Departments of Chemical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering, Texas Tech University, Lubbock, Texas, USA Medical Research Council Arthritis Research UK Centre for Musculoskeletal Ageing Research, Schools of Life Sciences and Medicine, University of Nottingham, Nottingham, United Kingdom and School of Veterinary Medicine and Science, University of Nottingham, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
FASEB J 29:1235-46. 2015..Our results show that the integrin-adhesome network as a whole is required for maintaining both muscle structure and function and extend the current understanding of the full complexities of the functional adhesome in vivo...
- Distinct anabolic signalling responses to amino acids in C2C12 skeletal muscle cellsPhilip J Atherton
Division of Clinical Physiology, School of Graduate Entry Medicine and Health, University of Nottingham, Uttoxeter Road, Derby, DE22 3DT, UK
Amino Acids 38:1533-9. 2010..We conclude that leucine is unique amongst the amino acids in its capacity to stimulate both mTOR and 4EBP1 phosphorylation and to enhance p70S6K1 signalling...
- The effectiveness of RNAi in Caenorhabditis elegans is maintained during spaceflightTimothy Etheridge
Division of Clinical Physiology, Royal Derby Hospital, University of Nottingham, Derby, England
PLoS ONE 6:e20459. 2011..RNA interference (RNAi) has emerged as a promising therapeutic for combating diseases on Earth; however the efficacy of RNAi in space is currently unknown...