Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University College London
- Integrated interactions between chondroitin sulphate proteoglycans and weak dc electric fields regulate nerve growth cone guidance in vitroL Erskine
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Institute of Medical Sciences, University of Aberdeen, Foresterhill, UK
J Cell Sci 110:1957-65. 1997....
- The retinal ganglion cell axon's journey: insights into molecular mechanisms of axon guidanceLynda Erskine
Division of Visual Science, Institute of Ophthalmology, University College London, 11 43 Bath Street, London, EC1V 9EL, UK
Dev Biol 308:1-14. 2007....
- Robo2 is required for Slit-mediated intraretinal axon guidanceHannah Thompson
Institute of Ophthalmology, University College London, England, UK
Dev Biol 335:418-26. 2009....
- Slit proteins regulate distinct aspects of retinal ganglion cell axon guidance within dorsal and ventral retinaHannah Thompson
Division of Visual Science, Institute of Ophthalmology, University College London, London EC1V 9EL, United Kingdom
J Neurosci 26:8082-91. 2006..These data demonstrate clearly that multiple mechanisms exist in the retina for axon guidance of which Slits are an important component...
- VEGF signaling through neuropilin 1 guides commissural axon crossing at the optic chiasmLynda Erskine
School of Medical Sciences, Institute of Medical Sciences, University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen, AB25 2ZD, UK
Neuron 70:951-65. 2011..These findings have identified a permissive midline signal for axons at the chiasm midline and provide in vivo evidence that VEGF-A is an essential axon guidance cue...
- The role of Slit-Robo signaling in the generation, migration and morphological differentiation of cortical interneuronsWilliam Andrews
Department of Anatomy and Developmental Biology, University College London, Gower Street, London WC1E 6BT, UK
Dev Biol 313:648-58. 2008....
- Slits contribute to the guidance of retinal ganglion cell axons in the mammalian optic tractHannah Thompson
Divisions of Visual Science and Molecular Genetics, Institute of Ophthalmology, University College London, 11 43 Bath Street, London, EC1V 9EL, UK
Dev Biol 296:476-84. 2006..This demonstrates that Slits play an important role in directing the guidance of post-crossing RGC axons within the optic tracts but are not required for target innervation...
- Differential progenitor dispersal and the spatial origin of early neurons can explain the predominance of single-phenotype clones in the chick hindbrainJ D Clarke
Department of Anatomy and Developmental Biology, University College London, United Kingdom
Dev Dyn 212:14-26. 1998..e., motor neurons...
- VEGF189 binds NRP1 and is sufficient for VEGF/NRP1-dependent neuronal patterning in the developing brainMiguel Tillo
UCL Institute of Ophthalmology, University College London, 11 43 Bath Street, London EC1V 9EL, UK
Development 142:314-9. 2015..Here, we have combined expression studies and in situ ligand-binding assays with the analysis of genetically altered mice and in vitro models to demonstrate that VEGF189 can bind NRP1 and promote NRP1-dependent neuronal responses. ..
- Variations in the architecture and development of the vertebrate optic chiasmGlen Jeffery
Institute of Ophthalmology, University College London, Bath Street, London EC1V 9EL, UK
Prog Retin Eye Res 24:721-53. 2005..This review aims to highlight key issues in the organisation and development of the vertebrate optic chiasm with a focus on comparing and contrasting the data that has been gleaned to date from different vertebrate groups...
- Connecting the retina to the brainLynda Erskine
School of Medical Sciences, Institute of Medical Sciences, University of Aberdeen, Scotland, UK
ASN Neuro 6:. 2014..Human disorders, such as albinism and achiasmia, that impair RGC axon growth and guidance and, thus, the establishment of a fully functioning visual system will also be discussed. ..
- Pomalidomide is nonteratogenic in chicken and zebrafish embryos and nonneurotoxic in vitroChris Mahony
School of Medical Sciences, Institute of Medical Sciences, University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen AB25 2ZD, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:12703-8. 2013..This work has implications for Pomalidomide as a treatment for conditions Thalidomide and Lenalidomide treat currently. ..
- Focus on molecules: nyctalopinSubathra Poopalasundaram
Institute of Ophthalmology, University College London, 11 43 Bath Street, London EC1V 9EL, UK
Exp Eye Res 81:627-8. 2005
- Developmental expression profile of the optic atrophy gene product: OPA1 is not localized exclusively in the mammalian retinal ganglion cell layerSaima Aijaz
Department of Molecular Genetics, Institute of Ophthalmology, London, United Kingdom
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 45:1667-73. 2004..Because the Bst/+ mouse has been postulated as a model of ADOA, the mOPA1 expression in the Bst/+ retina was also examined...
- Slit1 and Slit2 cooperate to prevent premature midline crossing of retinal axons in the mouse visual systemAndrew S Plump
Department of Anatomy, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, CA, USA
Neuron 33:219-32. 2002..Our results indicate that Slit proteins repel retinal axons in vivo and cooperate to establish a corridor through which the axons are channeled, thereby helping define the site in the ventral diencephalon where the optic chiasm forms...
- Spatiotemporal features of early neuronogenesis differ in wild-type and albino mouse retinaRivka A Rachel
Center for Neurobiology and Behavior, Department of Pathology, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, New York 10032, USA
J Neurosci 22:4249-63. 2002..These results point to spatiotemporal defects in neuronal production in the albino retina, which could perturb expression of genes that specify cell fate, number, and/or projection phenotype...
- Foxd1 is required for proper formation of the optic chiasmEloisa Herrera
Departments of Pathology, Anatomy and Cell Biology and Center for Neurobiology and Behavior, Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons, 630 West 168th Street, New York, NY 10032, USA
Development 131:5727-39. 2004....
- Permissive corridor and diffusible gradients direct medial ganglionic eminence cell migration to the neocortexHynek Wichterle
The Rockefeller University, New York, NY 10021, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:727-32. 2003..In addition, we propose that chemotactic guidance cues superimposed over the permissive corridor facilitate efficient dorsal migration of MGE cells...
- Ephrin-B2 and EphB1 mediate retinal axon divergence at the optic chiasmScott E Williams
Departments of Pathology, Anatomy and Cell Biology, Center for Neurobiology and Behavior, Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons, 630 West 168th Street, New York, NY 10032, USA
Neuron 39:919-35. 2003..EphB1 null mice exhibit a dramatically reduced ipsilateral projection, suggesting that this receptor contributes to the formation of the ipsilateral retinal projection, most likely through its repulsive interaction with ephrin-B2...
- Back to basics - ephrins, axonal guidance, neuroprotection and glaucomaM Francesca Cordeiro
Br J Ophthalmol 91:1106. 2007