Affiliation: University of Worcester
- Outdoor environments and human pathogens in airKa Man Lai
Department of Civil, Environmental and Geomatic Engineering, University College London, UK
Environ Health 8:S15. 2009....
- Responses in the start of Betula (birch) pollen seasons to recent changes in spring temperatures across EuropeJ Emberlin
National Pollen Research Unit, University College, Worcester WR2 6AJ, UK
Int J Biometeorol 46:159-70. 2002..Following this work, amendments will be needed to pollen calendars and local predictive models. It will also be important to assess the implications of earlier seasons for allergy sufferers...
- A double blind, placebo controlled trial of inert cellulose powder for the relief of symptoms of hay fever in adultsJ C Emberlin
National Pollen and Aerobiology Research Unit, Institute of Health, University of Worcester, Worcester, WR2 6AJ, UK
Curr Med Res Opin 22:275-85. 2006..The second objective was to see whether the cellulose powder resulted in an improvement in symptom control...
- Changes in the pollen seasons of the early flowering trees Alnus spp. and Corylus spp. in Worcester, United Kingdom, 1996-2005Jean Emberlin
National Pollen and Aerobiology Research Unit, University of Worcester, WR2 6AJ, Worcester, UK
Int J Biometeorol 51:181-91. 2007..The analysis has provided insight to the variation in the seasons for these early flowering trees and will form a basis for future work on building predictive models for these taxa...
- A double blind, placebo-controlled cross over trial of cellulose powder by nasal provocation with Der p1 and Der f1J C Emberlin
National Pollen and Aerobiology Research Unit, Institute of Health, University of Worcester, WR2 6AJ, UK
Curr Med Res Opin 23:2423-31. 2007..Anecdotal evidence reported that it reduced symptoms of persistent rhinitis but no scientific evidence exists for this...
- Pollen challenge study of a phototherapy device for reducing the symptoms of hay feverJ C Emberlin
National Pollen and Aerobiology Research Unit, University of Worcester, Worcester, UK
Curr Med Res Opin 25:1635-44. 2009..Previous research had indicated that phototherapy could alleviate symptoms of allergic rhinitis but no double-blind, placebo-controlled trails had been done...
- Constructing a 7-day ahead forecast model for grass pollen at north London, United KingdomM Smith
National Pollen and Aerobiology Research Unit, University College, Worcester, UK
Clin Exp Allergy 35:1400-6. 2005..It is therefore logical that aerobiologists should attempt to produce medium-range forecasts for allergenic pollen that cover the same time period as the weather forecasts...
- Pollen counts in relation to the prevalence of allergic rhinoconjunctivitis, asthma and atopic eczema in the International Study of Asthma and Allergies in Childhood (ISAAC)M L Burr
Centre for Applied Public Health Medicine, University of Wales College of Medicine, Cardiff, UK
Clin Exp Allergy 33:1675-80. 2003..Although pollens are major allergens associated with allergic rhinoconjunctivitis and asthma, there is little information about the relative prevalence of these conditions in populations with different pollen exposures...