- Reporting of clinical trials: a review of research funders' guidelines
Centre for Medical Statistics and Health Evaluation, University of Liverpool, Liverpool, UK
Trials 9:66. 2008
..National and international organisations and charities give recommendations for good research practice in relation to RCTs but to date no review of these guidelines has been undertaken with respect to reporting bias...
- Systematic review of the empirical evidence of study publication bias and outcome reporting bias - an updated review
Department of Biostatistics, University of Liverpool, Liverpool, England
PLoS ONE 8:e66844. 2013
..Study publication bias and outcome reporting bias have been recognised as a potential threat to the validity of meta-analysis and can make the readily available evidence unreliable for decision making...
- Systematic review of the empirical evidence of study publication bias and outcome reporting bias
Centre for Medical Statistics and Health Evaluation, University of Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 3:e3081. 2008
..Until recently, outcome reporting bias has received less attention...
- Assessing the potential for outcome reporting bias in a review: a tutorial
Centre for Medical Statistics and Health Evaluation, University of Liverpool, UK
Trials 11:52. 2010
..The aim of this paper is to show how to assess a systematic review and corresponding trial reports for ORB using an example review of intravenous and nebulised magnesium in the treatment of asthma...
- Evidence for the selective reporting of analyses and discrepancies in clinical trials: a systematic review of cohort studies of clinical trials
Department of Biostatistics, University of Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom
PLoS Med 11:e1001666. 2014
..The aims of this study were to review and summarise the evidence from empirical cohort studies that assessed discrepant or selective reporting of analyses in randomised controlled trials (RCTs)...
- Feasibility study to examine discrepancy rates in prespecified and reported outcomes in articles submitted to The BMJ
Department of Biostatistics, MRC North West Hub for Trials Methodology Research, University of Liverpool, Liverpool, UK
BMJ Open 6:e010075. 2016
..The main objective of this feasibility study was to document the frequency and types of outcome discrepancy between prespecified outcomes in the protocol and reported outcomes in trials submitted to The BMJ...
- Sharing individual participant data from clinical trials: an opinion survey regarding the establishment of a central repository
Catrin Tudur Smith
North West Hub for Trials Methodology Research, Department of Biostatistics, University of Liverpool, Liverpool, England
PLoS ONE 9:e97886. 2014
- Vilanterol and fluticasone furoate for asthma
Cochrane Central Executive, St Albans House, 57 59 Haymarket, London, England, UK, SW1Y 4QX
Cochrane Database Syst Rev 9:CD010758. 2016
..At the present time, only one once-daily ICS/LABA combination (FF/VI) is available, and several other combination inhalers are recommended for twice-daily administration...
- Comparison of protocols and registry entries to published reports for randomised controlled trials
Institute of Child Health, University of Liverpool, Alder Hey Children s NHS Foundation Trust, Eaton Road, Liverpool, England, UK, L12 2AP
Cochrane Database Syst Rev 1:MR000031. 2011
..Publication of complete trial results is essential if people are to be able to make well-informed decisions about health care. Selective reporting of randomised controlled trials (RCTs) is a common problem...