Affiliation: University of Wales
- The influence of limitation in activity of daily living and physical health on suicidal ideation: results from a population survey of Great BritainMichael Dennis
Psychiatry for Older People, School of Medicine, Swansea University, Swansea, SA2 8PP, UK
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 44:608-13. 2009..SI is not only strongly associated with mental disorder (particularly depression), but also disability. This article explores the relationship between SI and disability in greater detail...
- Risk of Adverse Outcomes for Older People with Dementia Prescribed Antipsychotic Medication: A Population Based e-Cohort StudyMichael Dennis
Farr Institute of Health Informatics Research, Swansea University Medical School, Swansea, Wales, UK
Neurol Ther . 2017..The aim of this study was to assess adverse outcomes associated with the use of antipsychotics in older people living with dementia in Wales (UK)...
- Patient perspectives of managing fatigue in Ankylosing Spondylitis, and views on potential interventions: a qualitative studyHelen Davies
College of Medicine, Swansea University, Swansea, South Wales, UK
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 14:163. 2013..Fatigue is a major component of living with ankylosing spondylitis (AS), though it has been largely over-looked, and currently there are no specific agreed management strategies...
- Self-harm in older people: a clear need for specialist assessment and careMichael S Dennis
ILS 2, College of Medicine, Swansea University, Singleton Park, Swansea, SA2 8PP, UK
Br J Psychiatry 200:356-8. 2012..Evidence suggests that non-fatal and fatal self-harm are more closely related in older than in younger adults. Older people who have self-harmed need specialist assessment followed by good short-term and long-term evidence-based care...
- Depression in older people in the general hospital: a systematic review of screening instrumentsMichael Dennis
College of Medicine, Swansea University, Grove Building, Swansea University Singleton Park, Swansea, Wales SA2 8PP, UK
Age Ageing 41:148-54. 2012..The recognition and diagnosis of depression is therefore a key first step in managing depression in the general hospital, and this may be facilitated by the use of an appropriate screening instrument...
- Identifying probable suicide clusters in wales using national mortality dataPhillip Jones
College of Medicine, Institute of Life Sciences 2, Swansea University, Swansea, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 8:e71713. 2013..This paper investigates the strength of statistical evidence for this apparent cluster, its size, and temporal and geographical limits...
- Severe flare as a predictor of poor outcome in ankylosing spondylitis: a cohort study using questionnaire and routine data linkageRoxanne Cooksey
College of Medicine, Swansea University, Swansea, Wales and
Rheumatology (Oxford) 54:1563-72. 2015....
- Alleviating staff stress in care homes for people with dementia: protocol for stepped-wedge cluster randomised trial to evaluate a web-based Mindfulness- Stress Reduction courseChristine Baker
Swansea University Medical School, Swansea, UK
BMC Psychiatry 15:317. 2015..Mindfulness training is known to be effective in treating a variety of physical and mental health conditions...