J W Dear
Affiliation: University of Edinburgh
- Quantification of human urinary exosomes by nanoparticle tracking analysisWilna Oosthuyzen
J W Dear University of Edinburgh British Heart Foundation Centre for Cardiovascular Science, Queen s Medical Research Institute, 47 Little France Crescent, Edinburgh, EH16 4TJ, UK
J Physiol 591:5833-42. 2013..In conclusion, with appropriate sample storage, NTA has potential as a tool for the characterization and quantification of extracellular vesicles in human urine...
- Urinary exosomes: a reservoir for biomarker discovery and potential mediators of intrarenal signallingJames W Dear
University, British Heart Foundation Centre for Cardiovascular Science, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, UK
Proteomics 13:1572-80. 2013....
- Identification and proteomic profiling of exosomes in human cerebrospinal fluidJonathan M Street
University British Heart Foundation Centre for Cardiovascular Science, Queen s Medical Research Institute, The University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, UK
J Transl Med 10:5. 2012..The objective of this study was to determine: 1) whether human CSF contains exosomes and 2) the variability in exosomal protein content across individuals...
- Estimated glomerular filtration rate results are misleading in acute kidney diseaseJ W Dear
Clinical Pharmacology Unit, Centre for Cardiovascular Science, University of Edinburgh, Queen s Medical Research Institute, 47 Little France Crescent, Edinburgh
Scott Med J 52:54. 2007
- New marker for paracetamol poisoning-revolution or evolution?James W Dear
NPIS Edinburgh, Scottish Poisons Information Bureau, Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, UK
Clin Toxicol (Phila) 48:785-6. 2010..This commentary discusses the use of biomarkers in the context of the management of paracetamol-induced liver injury. New biomarkers should allow better triage and management of & "at risk" patients...
- Cyclophilin A is a damage-associated molecular pattern molecule that mediates acetaminophen-induced liver injuryJames W Dear
University British Heart Foundation Centre for Cardiovascular Science, Edinburgh University, Edinburgh, EH16 4TJ United Kingdom
J Immunol 187:3347-52. 2011..In summary, CypA is a DAMP that mediates acetaminophen poisoning. This mechanistic insight presents an opportunity for a new therapeutic approach to a disease that currently has inadequate treatment options...
- Exosomal transmission of functional aquaporin 2 in kidney cortical collecting duct cellsJonathan M Street
University British Heart Foundation Centre for Cardiovascular Science, The University of Edinburgh, UK
J Physiol 589:6119-27. 2011..Exosomes can transfer functional AQP2 between cells and this represents a novel physiological mechanism for cell-to-cell communication within the kidney...
- Impact of reducing the threshold for acetylcysteine treatment in acute paracetamol poisoning: the recent United Kingdom experienceD N Bateman
National Poisons Information Service Edinburgh and Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, UK
Clin Toxicol (Phila) 52:868-72. 2014..Here we report the impact of this change in the UK on the management of patients with acute overdose in different paracetamol concentration ranges...
- The predictive value of hospital admission serum alanine transaminase activity in patients treated for paracetamol overdoseK Al-Hourani
National Poisons Information Service Edinburgh, Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh, 51 Little France Crescent, Edinburgh EH16 4SA, UK
QJM 106:541-6. 2013..Nonetheless, ALT is measured at hospital presentation; we investigated its value in predicting hepatotoxicity...