Affiliation: University of Aberdeen
- A randomized trial of specialized versus standard neck physiotherapy in cervical dystoniaCarl Counsell
Division of Applied Health Sciences, University of Aberdeen, Polwarth Building, Foresterhill, Aberdeen AB25 2ZD, UK Electronic address
Parkinsonism Relat Disord 23:72-9. 2016..Anecdotal reports suggested that a specialized physiotherapy technique developed in France (the Bleton technique) improved primary cervical dystonia. We evaluated the technique in a randomized trial...
- The epidemiology of infectious mononucleosis in Northern Scotland: a decreasing incidence and winter peakElizabeth Visser
Division of Applied Health Sciences, College of Life Sciences and Medicine, University of Aberdeen, Room 1 015, Polwarth Building, Foresterhill, Aberdeen AB252ZD, UK
BMC Infect Dis 14:151. 2014..The determinants of whether the infection causes IM remain uncertain. We aimed to evaluate seasonality and temporal trends in IM...
- A systematic review of biomarkers for disease progression in Parkinson's diseaseDavid J M McGhee
Division of Applied Health Sciences, University of Aberdeen, Polwarth Building, Foresterhill, Aberdeen AB25 2ZD, UK
BMC Neurol 13:35. 2013..A systematic review was undertaken to determine what biomarkers for disease progression in Parkinson's disease (PD) exist...
- Predicting outcome after acute and subacute stroke: development and validation of new prognostic modelsCarl Counsell
Department of Clinical Neurosciences, Western General Hospital, Edinburgh, Scotland
Stroke 33:1041-7. 2002..Statistical models to predict the outcome of patients with acute and subacute stroke could have several uses, but no adequate models exist. We therefore developed and validated new models...
- Spatial channels of visual processing in cortical blindnessArash Sahraie
Department of Psychology, University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen AB24 2UB, UK
Eur J Neurosci 18:1189-96. 2003..The findings are discussed in relation to previous reports on the incidence of blindsight and performance on tasks involving spatial processing...
- Low-molecular-weight heparins or heparinoids versus standard unfractionated heparin for acute ischemic stroke (Cochrane review)Carl Counsell
Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, University of Aberdeen, UK
Stroke 33:1925-6. 2002
- Systematic review of incidence studies of Parkinson's diseaseDominique Twelves
University of Edinburgh Medical School, Scotland, United Kingdom
Mov Disord 18:19-31. 2003..Further incidence studies using standardised methods are required. A set of minimal scientific criteria has been devised to improve the quality and consistency of future studies...