Genomes and Genes
J Martin Collinson
Affiliation: University of Aberdeen
- The roles of Pax6 in the cornea, retina, and olfactory epithelium of the developing mouse embryoJ Martin Collinson
Division of Reproductive and Developmental Sciences, Genes and Development Group, University of Edinburgh, Hugh Robson Building, George Square, Edinburgh EH8 9XD, Scotland, UK
Dev Biol 255:303-12. 2003....
- Effects of elevated Pax6 expression and genetic background on mouse eye developmentSimon A Chanas
Division of Reproductive and Developmental Sciences, Genes and Development Group, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 50:4045-59. 2009..To analyze the effects of Pax6 overexpression and its interaction with genetic background on eye development...
- Analysis of mouse eye development with chimeras and mosaicsJ Martin Collinson
School of Medical Sciences, University of Aberdeen, Scotland, UK
Int J Dev Biol 48:793-804. 2004..The uses of chimeras, Cre-loxP mosaics and in vitro tissue recombination for study of ocular organogenesis are compared. Wider use of mosaics and chimeras should provide further insights into eye development...
- Effects of aberrant Pax6 gene dosage on mouse corneal pathophysiology and corneal epithelial homeostasisRichard L Mort
Division of Reproductive and Developmental Sciences, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 6:e28895. 2011..Corneal pathologies also occur in other mouse Pax6 mutants and in PAX77(Tg/-) transgenics, which over-express Pax6 and model human PAX6 duplication...
- Stem cells and corneal epithelial maintenance: insights from the mouse and other animal modelsRichard L Mort
University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, EH4 2XU, UK
Results Probl Cell Differ 55:357-94. 2012..Finally, we highlight some recent research on other stem cell systems and consider how this could influence future research directions for identifying the stem cells that maintain the corneal epithelium...
- Corneal abnormalities in Pax6+/- small eye mice mimic human aniridia-related keratopathyThaya Ramaesh
Department of Reproductive and Developmental Sciences, Genes and Development Group, Princess Alexandra Eye Pavilion, Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 44:1871-8. 2003..To investigate corneal abnormalities in heterozygous Pax6(+/Sey-Neu) (Pax6(+/-), small eye) mice and compare them with aniridia-related keratopathy in PAX6(+/-) patients...
- Penetrance of eye defects in mice heterozygous for mutation of Gli3 is enhanced by heterozygous mutation of Pax6Paulette A Zaki
Genes and Development Group, University of Edinburgh, Hugh Robson Building, George Square, Edinburgh, EH8 9XD, UK
BMC Dev Biol 6:46. 2006..Here we examined whether eye development, which is abnormal in mice lacking functional Gli3, is defective in Gli3+/- mice...
- Video analysis of the escape flight of Pileated Woodpecker Dryocopus pileatus: does the Ivory-billed Woodpecker Campephilus principalis persist in continental North America?J Martin Collinson
University of Aberdeen, School of Medical Sciences, Institute of Medical Sciences, Foresterhill, Aberdeen, UK
BMC Biol 5:8. 2007..Plumage patterns and wingbeat frequency of the putative Ivory-billed Woodpecker were said to be incompatible with the only possible confusion species native to the area, the Pileated Woodpecker Dryocopus pileatus...
- The molecular basis of defective lens development in the Iberian moleF David Carmona
School of Medical Sciences, Institute of Medical Sciences, University of Aberdeen, Foresterhill, Aberdeen, AB25 2ZD, UK
BMC Biol 6:44. 2008..This is the first embryological developmental study of the eyes of any fossorial mammal at the molecular level...
- The roles of calcium signaling and ERK1/2 phosphorylation in a Pax6+/- mouse model of epithelial wound-healing delayLucy J Leiper
School of Medical Sciences, Institute of Medical Sciences, University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen AB25 2ZD, UK
BMC Biol 4:27. 2006..We investigated the hypothesis that reducing Pax6 gene dosage leads to corneal wound-healing defects. and assayed the immediate molecular responses to wounding in wild-type and mutant corneal epithelial cells...
- Maternal smoking during pregnancy specifically reduces human fetal desert hedgehog gene expression during testis developmentPaul A Fowler
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Institute of Medical Sciences, University of Aberdeen, Foresterhill, Aberdeen AB25 2ZD, United Kingdom
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 93:619-26. 2008..Maternal cigarette smoking during gestation increases cryptorchidism and hypospadias and reduces testis size and fertility in sons by unknown mechanisms...
- Corneal development, limbal stem cell function, and corneal epithelial cell migration in the Pax6(+/-) mouseJ Martin Collinson
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Institute of Medical Sciences, University of Aberdeen, Foresterhill, Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 45:1101-8. 2004..To investigate the etiology of corneal dysfunction in the Pax6(+/-) mouse model of aniridia-related keratopathy...
- Lineage tracing in the adult mouse corneal epithelium supports the limbal epithelial stem cell hypothesis with intermittent periods of stem cell quiescenceNatalie J Dorà
Centre for Integrative Physiology, University of Edinburgh Medical School, Hugh Robson Building, George Square, Edinburgh EH8 9XD, UK
Stem Cell Res 15:665-77. 2015..The distributions of labelled clones are inconsistent with the CESC hypothesis and support the LESC hypothesis if LESCs cycle between phases of activity and quiescence, each lasting several weeks. ..
- Clonal analysis of patterns of growth, stem cell activity, and cell movement during the development and maintenance of the murine corneal epitheliumJ Martin Collinson
Department of Reproductive and Developmental Sciences, Genes and Development Group, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
Dev Dyn 224:432-40. 2002..There are approximately 100 clones of limbal stem cells initially, and clones are lost during postnatal life. Our studies provide a new assay for limbal and corneal defects in mutant mice...
- PAX6 dosage effects on corneal development, growth, and wound healingNatalie Dorà
School of Medical Sciences, University of Aberdeen, Institute of Medical Sciences, Foresterhill, Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Dev Dyn 237:1295-306. 2008..Although there are similarities between the eye phenotype of Pax6 heterozygotes and overexpressing mice, there are also striking differences. Developmental..
- Cell surface glycoconjugate abnormalities and corneal epithelial wound healing in the pax6+/- mouse model of aniridia-related keratopathyRomana Kucerova
School of Medical Sciences, University of Aberdeen, Institute of Medical Sciences, Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 47:5276-82. 2006..This study investigated how defects in glycoconjugate component of the cell surface of Pax6+/- could cause the abnormal cellular migration phenotypes associated with the disease...
- Embryonic submandibular gland morphogenesis: stage-specific protein localization of FGFs, BMPs, Pax6 and Pax9 in normal mice and abnormal SMG phenotypes in FgfR2-IIIc(+/Delta), BMP7(-/-) and Pax6(-/-) miceTina Jaskoll
Laboratory for Developmental Genetics, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90089 0641, USA
Cells Tissues Organs 170:83-98. 2002..Finally, our observations of abnormal SMGs in BMP7(-/-) and Pax6(-/-) indicate that both BMP7 and Pax6 play important roles during embryonic SMG branching morphogenesis...
- De novo deletions in the paired domain of PAX6 in south Indian aniridic patientsGuruswamy Neethirajan
Department of Genetics, Aravind Medical Research Foundation, Madurai, 625 020, India
J Hum Genet 49:647-9. 2004..537delA (codon 59) and c.728del14 (codon 122), in the paired domain of PAX6. These deletions probably represent null or hypomorphic alleles consistent with PAX6 haploinsufficiency as the underlying genetic factor of aniridia...
- Pax6 regulates regional development and neuronal migration in the cerebral cortexAna Talamillo
Comparative and Developmental Genetics Section, MRC Human Genetic Unit, Western General Hospital, Edinburgh, UK
Dev Biol 255:151-63. 2003....
- A highly conserved Wnt-dependent TCF4 binding site within the proximal enhancer of the anti-myogenic Msx1 gene supports expression within Pax3-expressing limb bud muscle precursor cellsKerry Ann Miller
School of Medical Sciences, Foresterhill, University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen AB25 2ZD, UK
Dev Biol 311:665-78. 2007..The results of these studies provide evidence of a mechanistic link between the Wnt/TCF and the Msx1/Pax3/MyoD pathways within limb bud muscle precursor cells...
- Corneal avascularity is due to soluble VEGF receptor-1Balamurali K Ambati
Department of Ophthalmology, Medical College of Georgia and Augusta Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Augusta, Georgia 30907, USA
Nature 443:993-7. 2006....