Helen M Colhoun
Affiliation: University of Dundee
- Use of insulin glargine and cancer incidence in Scotland: a study from the Scottish Diabetes Research Network Epidemiology GroupH M Colhoun
Biomedical Research Institute, University of Dundee, Mackenzie Building, Kirsty Semple Way, Dundee, DD2 4BF, Scotland, UK
Diabetologia 52:1755-65. 2009..The aim of the present study was to examine whether patients with diabetes in Scotland using insulin glargine have a greater cancer risk than patients using other types of insulin...
- Total soluble and endogenous secretory receptor for advanced glycation end products as predictive biomarkers of coronary heart disease risk in patients with type 2 diabetes: an analysis from the CARDS trialHelen M Colhoun
Medical Research Institute, University of Dundee, Dundee, U K
Diabetes 60:2379-85. 2011..We examined the relationship of sRAGE and esRAGE to incident coronary heart disease (CHD) and stroke in type 2 diabetic patients followed for 3.9 years in a trial of atorvastatin: the Collaborative Atorvastatin Diabetes Study (CARDS)...
- Effects of atorvastatin on kidney outcomes and cardiovascular disease in patients with diabetes: an analysis from the Collaborative Atorvastatin Diabetes Study (CARDS)Helen M Colhoun
Biomedical Research Institute, University of Dundee, Dundee, Scotland, UK
Am J Kidney Dis 54:810-9. 2009..We examined whether atorvastatin affects diabetic kidney disease and whether the effect of atorvastatin on cardiovascular disease (CVD) varies by kidney status in patients with diabetes...
- Effect of atorvastatin on glycaemia progression in patients with diabetes: an analysis from the Collaborative Atorvastatin in Diabetes Trial (CARDS)Shona J Livingstone
Diabetes Epidemiology Unit, Division of Population Health Sciences, University of Dundee, The Mackenzie Building, Kirsty Semple Way, Dundee, DD2 4BF, Scotland, UK
Diabetologia 59:299-306. 2016..In an individual-level analysis we examined the effect of atorvastatin on glycaemia progression in type 2 diabetes and whether glycaemia effects reduce the prevention of cardiovascular disease (CVD) with atorvastatin...
- Genome-wide association study of genetic determinants of LDL-c response to atorvastatin therapy: importance of Lp(a)Harshal A Deshmukh
University of Dundee, Dundee, United Kingdom
J Lipid Res 53:1000-11. 2012..Therefore, an apparently lower LDL-c response to statin therapy may indicate a need for measurement of Lp(a). However, statin therapy seems beneficial even in those with high Lp(a)...
- Contemporary risk of hip fracture in type 1 and type 2 diabetes: a national registry study from ScotlandEleanor J Hothersall
University of Dundee, Dundee, UK
J Bone Miner Res 29:1054-60. 2014....
- A Genome-Wide Association Study Provides New Evidence That CACNA1C Gene is Associated With Diabetic CataractCheng Chang
Division of Population Health Sciences Ninewells Hospital and School of Medicine, University of Dundee, Dundee, United Kingdom
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 57:2246-50. 2016..The purpose of this study was to identify genetic contributors of diabetic cataract based on a genome-wide association approach using a well-defined Scottish diabetic cohort...
- Estimated life expectancy in a Scottish cohort with type 1 diabetes, 2008-2010Shona J Livingstone
Diabetes Epidemiology Unit, University of Dundee, Dundee, Scotland
JAMA 313:37-44. 2015..Major advances in treatment of type 1 diabetes have occurred in the past 3 decades. Contemporary estimates of the effect of type 1 diabetes on life expectancy are needed...
- Development and Validation of a Model to Predict Absolute Vascular Risk Reduction by Moderate-Intensity Statin Therapy in Individual Patients With Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus: The Anglo Scandinavian Cardiac Outcomes Trial, Antihypertensive and Lipid-LoweringLotte Kaasenbrood
From the Department of Vascular Medicine L K, F L J V and Julius Centre for Health Sciences and Primary Care Y v d G, University Medical Centre Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands ICCH, Imperial College London, London, United Kingdom N R P, P S S Biomedical Research Institute, University of Dundee, Dundee, Scotland, United Kingdom H M C, S J L Department of Cardiology, Academic Medical Centre, Amsterdam, The Netherlands S M B and University of Texas Health Science Center, Houston S L P, B R D
Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes 9:213-21. 2016....
- Risk of cardiovascular disease and total mortality in adults with type 1 diabetes: Scottish registry linkage studyShona J Livingstone
University of Dundee, Dundee, United Kingdom
PLoS Med 9:e1001321. 2012..We evaluated these risks in adults with T1DM compared with the non-diabetic population in a nationwide study from Scotland and examined control of CVD risk factors in those with T1DM...
- A Genome-wide Association Study Provides Evidence of Sex-specific Involvement of Chr1p35.1 (ZSCAN20-TLR12P) and Chr8p23.1 (HMGB1P46) With Diabetic Neuropathic PainWeihua Meng
Division of Population Health Sciences, Medical Research Institute, Ninewells Hospital and School of Medicine, University of Dundee, Dundee DD2 4BF, UK
EBioMedicine 2:1386-93. 2015..0%) than in females (14.7%). This GWAS on diabetic neuropathic pain provides evidence for the sex-specific involvement of Chr1p35.1 (ZSCAN20-TLR12P) and Chr8p23.1 (HMGB1P46) with the disorder, indicating the need for further research...
- Levels and changes of HDL cholesterol and apolipoprotein A-I in relation to risk of cardiovascular events among statin-treated patients: a meta-analysisS Matthijs Boekholdt
Departments of Cardiology S M B and Vascular Medicine B J A, G K H, J J P K, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands Center for Cardiovascular Disease Prevention, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA S M, P M R Center of Preventive Medicine, Oslo University Hospital, Ullevål and University of Oslo, Norway T R P State University of New York Health Science Center, Brooklyn, NY J C L Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science, North Chicago, IL K M A W Department of Neurology and Stroke Center, Bichat University Hospital, Paris, France P A Global Pharmaceuticals Pfizer, New York, NY D A D Department of Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine, Monash University, Melbourne, Australia A M T Department of Biochemistry and Lipid Clinic, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia D R S NHMRC Clinical Trials Centre, University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia A K Medical Research Institute, University of Dundee, Dundee, United Kingdom H M C Centre for Diabetes, Barts and the London School of Medicine and Dentistry, Queen Mary University of London, London, United Kingdom G A H Department of Medicine, Royal Free and University College Medical School, London, United Kingdom D J B School of Biomedicine
Circulation 128:1504-12. 2013..It is also unknown whether a rise in HDL-C or apoA-I after initiation of statin therapy is associated with a reduced cardiovascular risk...