Genomes and Genes
Yu Mei Chang
Affiliation: University of Leeds
- A comparison between multivariate Slash, Student's t and probit threshold models for analysis of clinical mastitis in first lactation cowsY M Chang
Department of Dairy Science, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI, USA
J Anim Breed Genet 123:290-300. 2006..05 to 0.08 after calving in the robust models. Genetic correlations were between 0.50 and 0.73, suggesting that clinical mastitis resistance is not the same trait across periods, corroborating earlier findings with probit models...
- A periodic analysis of longitudinal binary responses: a case study of clinical mastitis in Norwegian Red cowsYu Mei Chang
Department of Dairy Science, University of Wisconsin, Madison, USA
Genet Sel Evol 39:249-65. 2007....
- A pooled analysis of melanocytic nevus phenotype and the risk of cutaneous melanoma at different latitudesYu Mei Chang
Section of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Leeds Institute of Molecular Medicine, Leeds, United Kingdom
Int J Cancer 124:420-8. 2009..The presence of increased numbers of nevi, large nevi and clinically atypical nevi on the body are robust risk factors for melanoma showing little variation in relative risk among studies performed at different latitudes...
- Sun exposure and melanoma risk at different latitudes: a pooled analysis of 5700 cases and 7216 controlsYu Mei Chang
Section of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Leeds Institute of Molecular Medicine, Leeds, UK
Int J Epidemiol 38:814-30. 2009..Melanoma risk is related to sun exposure; we have investigated risk variation by tumour site and latitude...
- Relationship between sun exposure and melanoma risk for tumours in different body sites in a large case-control study in a temperate climateJulia A Newton-Bishop
Section of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Leeds Institute of Molecular Medicine, University of Leeds, Leeds, UK
Eur J Cancer 47:732-41. 2011..A melanoma case-control study was conducted to elucidate the complex relationship between sun exposure and risk...
- The determinants of serum vitamin D levels in participants in a melanoma case-control study living in a temperate climateJohn R Davies
Section of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Leeds Institute of Molecular Medicine, University of Leeds, Cancer Genetics Building, St James s Hospital, Beckett Street, Leeds, LS9 7TF, UK
Cancer Causes Control 22:1471-82. 2011..We report the determinants of serum levels of vitamin D in a U.K. melanoma case-control study benefitting from detailed exposure and genotyping data...
- Melanocytic nevi, nevus genes, and melanoma risk in a large case-control study in the United KingdomJulia A Newton-Bishop
Section of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Leeds Institute of Molecular Medicine, St James s Hospital, Beckett Street, Leeds, United Kingdom
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 19:2043-54. 2010..Increased number of melanocytic nevi is a potent melanoma risk factor. We have carried out a large population-based case-control study to explore the environmental and genetic determinants of nevi and the relationship with melanoma risk...
- Vitamin D receptor gene polymorphisms, serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D levels, and melanoma: UK case-control comparisons and a meta-analysis of published VDR dataJuliette A Randerson-Moor
Section of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Leeds Institute of Molecular Medicine, University of Leeds, Leeds LS9 7TF, UK
Eur J Cancer 45:3271-81. 2009..03 for linear trend). These data provide evidence to support the view that vitamin D and VDR may have a small but potentially important role in melanoma susceptibility, and putatively a greater role in disease progression...
- Development and validation of a melanoma risk score based on pooled data from 16 case-control studiesJohn R Davies
Section of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Leeds Institute of Cancer and Pathology, University of Leeds, Leeds, United Kingdom
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 24:817-24. 2015....
- Serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D3 levels are associated with breslow thickness at presentation and survival from melanomaJulia A Newton-Bishop
Section of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Leeds Institute of Molecular Medicine, St James s Hospital, Beckett St, Leeds LS9 7TF, United Kingdom
J Clin Oncol 27:5439-44. 2009..A cohort study was carried out to test the hypothesis that higher vitamin D levels reduce the risk of relapse from melanoma...
- Response to selection and evolvability of invasive populationsCarol Eunmi Lee
Department of Zoology, University of Wisconsin, 430 Lincoln Drive, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Genetica 129:179-92. 2007..Results from this study indicate that both the saline and freshwater populations exhibit significant responses to selection for a fitness-related trait critical for invasions into a novel habitat...
- Feasting in fresh water: impacts of food concentration on freshwater tolerance and the evolution of food × salinity response during the expansion from saline into fresh water habitatsCarol Eunmi Lee
Center of Rapid Evolution CORE, University of Wisconsin Madison, WI, USA
Evol Appl 6:673-89. 2013....
- Deletion at chromosome arm 9p in relation to BRAF/NRAS mutations and prognostic significance for primary melanomaCaroline Conway
Section of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Leeds Institute of Molecular Medicine, University of Leeds, St James s University Hospital, Leeds, UK
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 49:425-38. 2010..There was no association between reduced gene dosage at 9p21.3 and subtype or site of tumor. This study presents supportive evidence that CDKN2B, P14ARF, and CDKN2A may all play a tumor suppressor role in melanoma progression...
- A comparison between Poisson and zero-inflated Poisson regression models with an application to number of black spots in Corriedale sheepHugo Naya
Unidad de Bioinformática, Institut Pasteur de Montevideo, Mataojo 2020, Montevideo 11400, Uruguay
Genet Sel Evol 40:379-94. 2008..The main environmental factor was the age of the sheep at shearing. In summary, age related processes seem to drive the number of dark spots in this breed of sheep...