Affiliation: University College London
- Patients' experiences of GP consultations for psychological problems: a qualitative studyMarta Buszewicz
Department of Primary Care and Population Sciences, Royal Free and University College Medical School, Archway Campus, London N19 5LW
Br J Gen Pract 56:496-503. 2006....
- Brief psychological therapies for anxiety and depression in primary care: meta-analysis and meta-regressionJohn Cape
Camden and Islington NHS Foundation Trust, St Pancras Hospital, 4 St Pancras Way, London NW1 0PE, UK
BMC Med 8:38. 2010..We aimed to compare the effectiveness of different types of brief psychological therapy administered within primary care across and between anxiety, depressive and mixed disorders...
- Collaborative Depression Trial (CADET): multi-centre randomised controlled trial of collaborative care for depression--study protocolDavid A Richards
Mood Disorders Centre, School of Psychology, University of Exeter, EX4 4QG, UK
BMC Health Serv Res 9:188. 2009..This Phase III trial was preceded by a Phase II patient level RCT, following the MRC Complex Intervention Framework...
- Facilitating access to voluntary and community services for patients with psychosocial problems: a before-after evaluationJustin Grayer
Centre for Outcomes Research and Effectiveness, Sub Department of Clinical Health Psychology, University College London, 1 19 Torrington Place, London, WC1E 7HB, UK
BMC Fam Pract 9:27. 2008..This study evaluated the acceptability and effectiveness of graduate primary care mental health workers (GPCMHWs) facilitating access to voluntary and community sector services for patients with psychosocial problems...
- General practitioner psychological management of common emotional problems (I): Definitions and literature reviewJ Cape
Camden and Islington Community Health Services, London
Br J Gen Pract 50:313-8. 2000..There is preliminary evidence from a few studies of the clinical effectiveness of GP psychological management in routine consultations...
- General practitioner psychological management of common emotional problems (II): A research agenda for the development of evidence-based practiceJ Cape
Camden Community Health Service, London
Br J Gen Pract 50:396-400. 2000..Since the number of patients with emotional problems seen by each GP is so large, the population effects of even small improvements in psychological management would be sizeable...
- Patient-rated therapeutic relationship and outcome in general practitioner treatment of psychological problemsJ Cape
Camden and Islington Community Health Services NHS Trust, St Pancras Hospital, London, UK
Br J Clin Psychol 39:383-95. 2000..To explore the association between therapeutic relationship and clinical outcome in general medical practitioner (GP) treatment of emotional problems...
- Rated casemix of general practitioner referrals to practice counsellors and clinical psychologists: a retrospective survey of a year's caseloadJ Cape
Camden and Islington Community Health Services, London, UK
Br J Med Psychol 74:237-46. 2001....
- How general practice patients with emotional problems presenting with somatic or psychological symptoms explain their improvementJ Cape
Camden and Islington Mental Health NHS Trust, St Pancras Hospital, 4 St Pancras Way, London NW1 0PE
Br J Gen Pract 51:724-9. 2001..The emotional problems of patients presenting only somatic symptoms are frequently not detected by general practitioners (GPs), yet clinical outcomes have often been found to be no different from emotional problems directly presented...
- Practice improvement methods: conceptual base, evidence-based research, and practice-based recommendationsJohn Cape
Camden and Islington Mental Health NHS Trust, London, UK
Br J Clin Psychol 41:285-307. 2002....
- Consultation length, patient-estimated consultation length, and satisfaction with the consultationJohn Cape
Camden and Islington Mental Health and Social Care Trust, St Pancras Hospital, 4 St Pancras Way, London NW1 0PE
Br J Gen Pract 52:1004-6. 2002..Consultations where patients were more satisfied appeared to patients to have lasted longer (partial correlation r = 0.26), but were not actually longer. Patient concerns about time may be as much about quality time as about actual time...
- Identification of psychological morbidity in older people in primary care by practice nursesJ Cape
Camden and Islington Mental Health and Social Care Trust, London, UK
Aging Ment Health 7:446-51. 2003....
- Complexity of GPs' explanations about mental health problems: development, reliability, and validity of a measureJohn Cape
Camden and Islington Foundation Trust, St Pancras Hospital, 4 St Pancras Way, London
Br J Gen Pract 58:403-8, 410. 2008..How GPs understand mental health problems determines their treatment choices; however, measures describing GPs' thinking about such problems are not currently available...
- Facilitating understanding of mental health problems in GP consultations: a qualitative study using taped-assisted recallJohn Cape
Camden and Islington NHS Foundation Trust, London
Br J Gen Pract 60:837-45. 2010..Patients strive to understand their mental health problems, and facilitating patients' understanding may be important in their care, yet little is known about this process in GP consultations...
- Group cognitive behavioural treatment for insomnia in primary care: a randomized controlled trialJ Cape
Research Department of Clinical, Educational and Health Psychology, University College London, London, UK
Psychol Med 46:1015-25. 2016..The aim of this study was to evaluate the effectiveness of brief CBT groups for insomnia compared to treatment as usual (TAU) for insomnia delivered by mental health practitioners in a primary-care mental health service...
- What is the role of consultation-liaison psychiatry in the management of depression in primary care? A systematic review and meta-analysisJohn Cape
Camden and Islington NHS Foundation Trust, London and Research Department of Clinical, Educational and Health Psychology, University College London, London, UK
Gen Hosp Psychiatry 32:246-54. 2010..To assess the effectiveness of consultation-liaison services, involving mental health professionals working to advise and support primary care professionals in the management of depression...