Ian A Campbell
Affiliation: University Hospital of Wales
- Pulmonary tuberculosis: diagnosis and treatmentIan A Campbell
Llandough Hospital, Cardiff CF64 2XX
BMJ 332:1194-7. 2006
- Five year study of etidronate and/or calcium as prevention and treatment for osteoporosis and fractures in patients with asthma receiving long term oral and/or inhaled glucocorticoidsI A Campbell
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Llandough Hospital, Penarth, Vale of Glamorgan, UK
Thorax 59:761-8. 2004..A randomised study was performed to determine whether treatment with cyclical etidronate and/or calcium for 5 years prevents fractures or reverses/reduces bone loss in patients receiving glucocorticoid treatment for asthma...
- Anticoagulation for three versus six months in patients with deep vein thrombosis or pulmonary embolism, or both: randomised trialI A Campbell
Llandough Hospital, Llandough, Cardiff CF64 2XX
BMJ 334:674. 2007..To determine the optimum duration of oral anticoagulant therapy after an episode of deep vein thrombosis or pulmonary embolism, or both...
- Hormone replacement therapy (HRT) or etidronate for osteoporosis in postmenopausal asthmatics on glucocorticoids: a randomised factorial trialI A Campbell
Chest Department, Llandough Hospital, Penarth, UK
Scott Med J 54:21-5. 2009..The study was designed to establish the effects of HRT on osteoporosis and fractures over five years in postmenopausal women with asthma receiving regular glucocorticoids and to compare with etidronate...
- Pulmonary disease caused by Mycobacterium xenopi in HIV-negative patients: five year follow-up of patients receiving standardised treatmentP A Jenkins
Llandough Hospital, Cardiff, Vale of Glamorgan, UK
Respir Med 97:439-44. 2003..Better methods of susceptibility testing and more effective regimens are needed, but it is also evident that improved management of concomitant diseases and better general health will play a major part in increasing survival...
- Controlled trial of three weeks nicotine replacement treatment in hospital patients also given advice and supportS Hand
Chest Department, Llandough Hospital, Cardiff, UK
Thorax 57:715-8. 2002..Nicotine replacement therapy (NRT) has been shown to increase cessation rates among healthy volunteers and in general practice, but it is not clear whether it has an effect in hospital patients...
- Current medical treatment for tuberculosis. Aspects of chemotherapy and management need clarifyingLawrence P Ormerod
BMJ 326:550; author reply 550. 2003