Affiliation: University of Manchester
- Public health implications and risks for children and families resettled after exposure to armed conflict and displacementRachel Calam
The University of Manchester, UK
Scand J Public Health . 2016....
- Parenting and the emotional and behavioural adjustment of young children in families with a parent with bipolar disorderRachel Calam
School of Psychological Sciences, University of Manchester, Zochonis Building, Brunswick Street, Manchester M13 9PL, UK
Behav Cogn Psychother 40:425-37. 2012..Children of parents with bipolar disorder are at increased risk of disturbance...
- Assessing expressed emotion: comparing Camberwell Family Interview and Five-minute Speech Sample ratings for mothers of children with behaviour problemsR Calam
School of Psychological Sciences, University of Manchester, UK
Int J Methods Psychiatr Res 15:107-15. 2006..14, n.s.). The FMSS ratings at initial interview appeared more closely related to behaviour rating at follow-up than CFI. Further investigation is required to establish comparability of CFI and FMSS results for carers of children...
- The effect of mindfulness meditation on cough reflex sensitivityE C Young
Respiratory Research Group, University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
Thorax 64:993-8. 2009..Chronic cough is common, and medical treatment can be ineffective. Mindfulness is a psychological intervention that aims to teach moment-to-moment non-judgemental awareness of thoughts, feelings and sensations...
- An experimental investigation of thought suppression and anxiety in childrenS L Gaskell
University of Manchester, School of Psychiatry, UK
Br J Clin Psychol 40:45-56. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: The results of this study suggest that the experimental thought suppression paradigm is workable with 7-11-year-old children. The methodological, theoretical and clinical implications of these findings are discussed...