Leonie S Brose
Affiliation: University College London
- Association between nicotine replacement therapy use in pregnancy and smoking cessationLeonie S Brose
Clinical, Educational and Health Psychology, University College London, London, UK National Centre for Smoking Cessation and Training NCSCT, London, UK Electronic address
Drug Alcohol Depend 132:660-4. 2013..In England, many pregnant smokers use single form and combination NRT (patch plus a faster acting form). This correlational study examined whether the latter is associated with higher quit rates...
- The effect of reducing the threshold for carbon monoxide validation of smoking abstinence--evidence from the English Stop Smoking ServicesLeonie S Brose
National Centre for Smoking Cessation and Training and Clinical, Educational and Health Psychology, University College London, UK
Addict Behav 38:2529-31. 2013..It has been proposed to reduce this threshold. This study examined what effect a reduction would have on short-term success rates in clinical practice...
- Effectiveness of an online knowledge training and assessment program for stop smoking practitionersLeonie S Brose
National Health Service Centre for Smoking Cessation and Training, University College London, London, UK
Nicotine Tob Res 14:794-800. 2012..This study aimed to evaluate an evidence-based national online knowledge training program for SSPs developed by the NHS Centre for Smoking Cessation and Training (NCSCT)...
- Does it matter who you see to help you stop smoking? Short-term quit rates across specialist stop smoking practitioners in EnglandLeonie S Brose
National Centre for Smoking Cessation and Training, University College London, London, UK
Addiction 107:2029-36. 2012..The aim of the present analysis was to examine how far short-term quit rates depend on the practitioner delivering the intervention after adjusting for potential confounding variables...
- Comparison of the effectiveness of varenicline and combination nicotine replacement therapy for smoking cessation in clinical practiceLeonie S Brose
National Centre for Smoking Cessation and Training and Department of Clinical, Educational, and Health Psychology, University College London, London, England
Mayo Clin Proc 88:226-33. 2013..To compare the effectiveness of varenicline and combination nicotine replacement therapy (NRT) for treating smokers attempting to stop, as it is unclear which of the 2 is more effective...
- Effects of standardised cigarette packaging on craving, motivation to stop and perceptions of cigarettes and packsLeonie S Brose
a Clinical, Educational and Health Psychology, University College London UCL, London, UK
Psychol Health 29:849-60. 2014....
- Self-reported practices, attitudes and levels of training of practitioners in the English NHS Stop Smoking ServicesMáirtín S McDermott
NHS Centre for Smoking Cessation and Training, Department of Educational, Clinical and Health Psychology, University College London, WC1E 6BT, UK
Addict Behav 37:498-506. 2012..As recommended by the Department of Health for England, standardized training in evidence-based smoking cessation interventions should be implemented for both specialist and community SSPs...
- Treatment manuals, training and successful provision of stop smoking behavioural supportLeonie S Brose
National Addictions Centre, UK Centre for Tobacco and Alcohol Studies, Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology and Neuroscience, King s College London, London, UK Electronic address
Behav Res Ther 71:34-9. 2015..This study examined whether outcomes of stop smoking behavioural support differed with practitioner's use and evaluation of treatment manuals, or practitioner's training...
- Is the use of electronic cigarettes while smoking associated with smoking cessation attempts, cessation and reduced cigarette consumption? A survey with a 1-year follow-upLeonie S Brose
Department of Addictions, UK Centre for Tobacco and Alcohol Studies UKCTAS, Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology and Neuroscience, King s College London, London, UK
Addiction 110:1160-8. 2015..To use a unique longitudinal data set to assess the association between e-cigarette use while smoking with smoking cessation attempts, cessation and substantial reduction, taking into account frequency of use and key potential confounders...
- How are the English Stop Smoking Services responding to growth in use of electronic cigarettes?Emma Beard
Cancer Research UK Health Behaviour Research Centre, University College London, UK National Centre for Smoking Cessation and Training, London, UK Electronic address
Patient Educ Couns 94:276-81. 2014..To assess extent of electronic cigarette use by smokers attending Stop Smoking Services, the advice given about electronic cigarettes and whether this usage is recorded...
- Novel delivery systems for nicotine replacement therapy as an aid to smoking cessation and for harm reduction: rationale, and evidence for advantages over existing systemsLion Shahab
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, University College London, 1 19 Torrington Place, London, WC1E 6BT, UK
CNS Drugs 27:1007-19. 2013....
- What makes for an effective stop-smoking service?Leonie S Brose
NHS Centre for Smoking Cessation and Training NCSCT, University College London, 1 19 Torrington Place, London WC1E 7HB, UK
Thorax 66:924-6. 2011..However, success varies considerably across services, making it important to examine the factors that influence their effectiveness...