Genomes and Genes
Nicholas J Bradshaw
Affiliation: University of Edinburgh
- PKA phosphorylation of NDE1 is DISC1/PDE4 dependent and modulates its interaction with LIS1 and NDEL1Nicholas J Bradshaw
Medical Genetics Section, Molecular Medicine Centre, Institute of Genetics and Molecular Medicine, University of Edinburgh, Western General Hospital, Edinburgh EH4 2XU, United Kingdom
J Neurosci 31:9043-54. 2011..Mutation of the NDE1 T131 site to mimic PKA phosphorylation inhibits neurite outgrowth. Thus PKA-dependent phosphorylation of the NDE1/LIS1/NDEL1 complex is DISC1-PDE4 modulated and likely to regulate its neural functions...
- NDE1 and NDEL1: multimerisation, alternate splicing and DISC1 interactionNicholas J Bradshaw
The Centre for Molecular Medicine, Western General Hospital, The University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh EH4 2XU, UK
Neurosci Lett 449:228-33. 2009..We also show that NDE1 can complex with NDEL1. Together these results predict a high degree of complexity of DISC1-mediated regulation of neuronal activity...
- A t(1;11) translocation linked to schizophrenia and affective disorders gives rise to aberrant chimeric DISC1 transcripts that encode structurally altered, deleterious mitochondrial proteinsJennifer E Eykelenboom
Medical Genetics Section, University of Edinburgh Centre for Molecular Medicine, Medical Research Council Institute of Genetics and Molecular Medicine at the University of Edinburgh, Crewe Road, Edinburgh EH4 2XU, UK
Hum Mol Genet 21:3374-86. 2012....
- DISC1, PDE4B, and NDE1 at the centrosome and synapseNicholas J Bradshaw
Medical Genetics Section, Molecular Medicine Centre, Crewe Road, Edinburgh EH4 2XU, United Kingdom
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 377:1091-6. 2008..We propose that DISC1 acts as an assembly scaffold for all of these proteins and that the NDE1/NDEL1/LIS1/dynein complex is modulated by cAMP levels via PKA and PDE4...
- Recent and recurrent selective sweeps of the antiviral RNAi gene Argonaute-2 in three species of DrosophilaDarren J Obbard
Institute of Evolutionary Biology, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, UK
Mol Biol Evol 28:1043-56. 2011..In summary, our results show that selection by parasites can consistently target the same genes in multiple species, resulting in areas of the genome that have markedly reduced genetic diversity...
- DISC1-binding proteins in neural development, signalling and schizophreniaNicholas J Bradshaw
Medical Genetics Section, Molecular Medicine Centre, Institute of Genetics and Molecular Medicine, University of Edinburgh, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road South, Edinburgh, Midlothian EH4 2XU, UK
Neuropharmacology 62:1230-41. 2012..Thus, a picture begins to emerge of DISC1 as a key hub for multiple critical developmental pathways within the brain, disruption of which can lead to a variety of psychiatric illness phenotypes...
- The mitosis and neurodevelopment proteins NDE1 and NDEL1 form dimers, tetramers, and polymers with a folded back structure in solutionDinesh C Soares
Medical Genetics Section, Institute of Genetics and Molecular Medicine, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh EH4 2XU, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 287:32381-93. 2012..It sheds light on recently identified mutations in the NDE1 gene that cause truncation of the encoded protein. Additionally, analysis of mixed NDE1-NDEL1 complexes demonstrates that NDE1 and NDEL1 can interact directly...