Affiliation: University of Surrey
- Acute sleep deprivation: the effects of the AMPAKINE compound CX717 on human cognitive performance, alertness and recovery sleepJulia Boyle
Surrey Clinical Research Centre, Division of Clinical Medicine, Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences University of Surrey, Guildford, Surrey, UK
J Psychopharmacol 26:1047-57. 2012..The study suggests that CX717 only at the 1000 mg dose may counteract effects of sleep deprivation on attention-based tasks and that it may interfere with subsequent recovery sleep...
- A method to assess the dissipation of the [corrected] residual effects of [corrected] hypnotics: eszopiclone versus zopicloneJulia Boyle
Surrey Clinical Research Centre, University of Surrey, Guildford, Surrey, UK
J Clin Psychopharmacol 32:704-9. 2012..5 to 9.5 hours after dose; however, a prespecified post hoc parametric analysis of reciprocal-transformed data favored eszopiclone over racemic zopiclone (P = 0.026)...
- Use of a newly developed technique to isolate rat pinealocytes and study the effects of adenosine agonists on melatonin productionJ Nicholls
School of Biological Sciences, University of Surrey, Guildford, United Kingdom
J Pineal Res 23:164-8. 1997..These results are consistent with activation by NECA of an A2b adenosine receptor...
- Tolerability, pharmacokinetics and night-time effects on postural sway and critical flicker fusion of gaboxadol and zolpidem in elderly subjectsJulia Boyle
School of Biomedical andMolecular Sciences, Human Psychopharmacology Research Unit, Medical Research Centre, University of Surrey, Egerton Road, Guilford, Surrey, UK
Br J Clin Pharmacol 67:180-90. 2009..The potential adverse effects of hypnotic drugs on steadiness may be exacerbated during the night, in the event that an individual needs to get out of bed...
- Suppression of the histamine-induced wheal and flare response by fexofenadine HCl 60 mg twice daily, loratadine 10 mg once daily and placebo in healthy Japanese volunteersJulia Boyle
HPRU Medical Research Centre, University of Surrey, Egerton Road, Guildford, GU2 7XP, UK
Curr Med Res Opin 21:1495-503. 2005....
- Next-day residual effects of gaboxadol and flurazepam administered at bedtime: a randomized double-blind study in healthy elderly subjectsJulia Boyle
Human Psychopharmacology Research Unit, University of Surrey, Guildford, Surrey, UK
Hum Psychopharmacol 24:61-71. 2009..To evaluate the next-day residual effects of the novel hypnotic, gaboxadol, following bedtime dosing in healthy elderly subjects...
- Allergy medication in Japanese volunteers: treatment effect of single doses on nocturnal sleep architecture and next day residual effectsJulia Boyle
HPRU Medical Research Centre, University of Surrey, Guildford, UK
Curr Med Res Opin 22:1343-51. 2006..To evaluate the acute effects of two histamine H(1)-receptor antagonists on nocturnal sleep architecture and on next day cognitive function and psychomotor performance...
- Next-day cognition, psychomotor function, and driving-related skills following nighttime administration of eszopicloneJulia Boyle
Clinical Research Centre, University of Surrey, Guildford, Surrey, UK
Hum Psychopharmacol 23:385-97. 2008..To evaluate next-day driving ability, as assessed by brake reaction time (BRT), and cognitive/psychomotor function following nighttime administration of 3 mg eszopiclone...
- Benzodiazepine-induced reduction in activity mirrors decrements in cognitive and psychomotor performanceJean Dawson
Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, HPRU Medical Research Centre, University of Surrey, Guildford, UK
Hum Psychopharmacol 23:605-13. 2008..To assess whether actigraphy is sensitive to benzodiazepine-induced changes in cognitive and psychomotor performance and sleep...
- Development of a portable psychometric testing device for use in the field: an alcohol investigationAndria Degia
HPRU Medical Research Centre, School of Biomedical and Molecular Sciences, University of Surrey, Egerton Road, Guildford GU2 7XP, United Kingdom
Percept Mot Skills 101:383-92. 2005....
- Effect of a novel histamine subtype-3 receptor inverse agonist and modafinil on EEG power spectra during sleep deprivation and recovery sleep in male volunteersLynette M James
Surrey Sleep Research Centre, Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, University of Surrey, Egerton Road, Guildford, GU2 7XP, UK
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 215:643-53. 2011..Histamine and dopamine contribute to the maintenance of wakefulness...
- Efficacy of a nicotine (4 mg)-containing lozenge on the cognitive impairment of nicotine withdrawalGiuseppe Atzori
CRC, Faculty of Medical and Health Sciences, University of Surrey, Guildford, Surrey, UK
J Clin Psychopharmacol 28:667-74. 2008..This study's aim was to assess the efficacy of nicotine (4-mg lozenge) versus placebo on aspects of cognitive and psychomotor performance, mood, and withdrawal symptoms in male and female established smokers...
- Sedation and antihistamines: an update. Review of inter-drug differences using proportional impairment ratiosKathleen McDonald
Surrey Clinical Research Centre, University of Surrey, Egerton Road, Guildford, Surrey, UK
Hum Psychopharmacol 23:555-70. 2008....
- Randomized, placebo-controlled comparison of amitriptyline, duloxetine, and pregabalin in patients with chronic diabetic peripheral neuropathic pain: impact on pain, polysomnographic sleep, daytime functioning, and quality of lifeJulia Boyle
Surrey Clinical Research Centre, Institute of Biosciences and Medicine, Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, University of Surrey, Guildford, Surrey, UK
Diabetes Care 35:2451-8. 2012..The objectives of this study were to compare the analgesic efficacy of pregabalin, amitriptyline, and duloxetine, and their effect on polysomnographic sleep, daytime functioning, and quality of life in patients with DPNP...
- Children's sleep: problems and solutionsJulia Boyle
Human Psychopharmacology Research Unit, University of Surrey
J Fam Health Care 14:61-3. 2004..By educating people in how to get a good night's sleep we shall hopefully move towards a more happy, healthy and capable child population...
- The effects of Ginkgo biloba extract (LI 1370) supplementation and discontinuation on activities of daily living and mood in free living older volunteersLeanne Trick
HPRU Medical Research Centre, University of Surrey, Egerton Road, Guildford GU2 7XP, UK
Phytother Res 18:531-7. 2004....
- Effects of word frequency on recall memory following lorazepam, alcohol, and lorazepam alcohol interaction in healthy volunteersSompop Soo-ampon
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Science, Mahidol University, Rama VI Road, Bangkok, 10400, Thailand
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 176:420-5. 2004..These findings indicate that word frequency has a significant impact on memory and, as such, is a factor to be taken into account when using memory recall tasks to assess the effects of psychoactive drugs on memory...