Affiliation: University of Edinburgh
- Toward an integrative perspective on hippocampal function: from the rapid encoding of experience to adaptive behaviorTobias Bast
Centre for Cognitive and Neural Systems CCNS, School of Biomedical Sciences, The University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
Rev Neurosci 18:253-81. 2007....
- Distinct contributions of hippocampal NMDA and AMPA receptors to encoding and retrieval of one-trial place memoryTobias Bast
Laboratory for Cognitive Neuroscience, Division of Neuroscience, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh EH8 9JZ, United Kingdom
J Neurosci 25:5845-56. 2005..The contributions of hippocampal NMDA and AMPA receptors to one-trial allocentric place memory may be central to episodic memory and related episodic-like forms of memory in rats...
- Hippocampal modulation of sensorimotor processesTobias Bast
Behavioral Neurobiology Laboratory, The Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich, Schorenstrasse 16, CH 8603 Schwerzenbach, Switzerland
Prog Neurobiol 70:319-45. 2003..Thus, the hippocampal modulation of these sensorimotor processes appears to reflect multiple operations, rather than one unitary operation...
- Spatial memory: behavioral determinants of persistence in the watermaze delayed matching-to-place taskBruno M da Silva
Laboratory for Cognitive Neuroscience, Centre for Cognitive and Neural Systems, The University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh EH8 9JZ, United Kingdom
Learn Mem 21:28-36. 2014..In contrast to the search-preference measure, latencies to cross the correct place revealed neither the gradual forgetting of place memory nor the benefit of spaced training...
- Dorsal hippocampus and classical fear conditioning to tone and context in rats: effects of local NMDA-receptor blockade and stimulationTobias Bast
Behavioral Neurobiology Laboratory, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich, Schwerzenbach, Switzerland
Hippocampus 13:657-75. 2003..The role of the dorsal hippocampus and local NMDA receptor-mediated processes in fear conditioning to tone and context is discussed in comparison with ventral hippocampal processes...
- From rapid place learning to behavioral performance: a key role for the intermediate hippocampusTobias Bast
Centre for Cognitive and Neural Systems, School of Biomedical Sciences, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, United Kingdom
PLoS Biol 7:e1000089. 2009....
- Manganese-enhanced magnetic resonance imaging (MEMRI) of rat brain after systemic administration of MnCl₂: hippocampal signal enhancement without disruption of hippocampus-dependent behaviorStewart J Jackson
Centre for Cognitive and Neural Systems CCNS, School of Biomedical Sciences, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, UK
Behav Brain Res 216:293-300. 2011..Our results indicate that 200 μmol/kg MnCl₂ produces hippocampal MR signal enhancement without disrupting hippocampus-dependent behavior on a rapid place learning task, even though attention must be paid to peripheral side effects...
- Effects of hippocampal N-methyl-D-aspartate infusion on locomotor activity and prepulse inhibition: differences between the dorsal and ventral hippocampusWei Ning Zhang
Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich, Schwerzenbach
Behav Neurosci 116:72-84. 2002..Hippocampal overactivity has been associated with schizophrenia. The findings suggest that overstimulation of the ventral hippocampal projections may contribute to behavioral outcomes related to psychotic symptoms...
- Significance of dopamine transmission in the rat medial prefrontal cortex for conditioned fearMarie A Pezze
Laboratory of Behavioral Neurobiology, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich ETH, Switzerland
Cereb Cortex 13:371-80. 2003..The reduction of conditioned fear by prefrontal infusion of both cis-flupenthixol and D-amphetamine may reflect normal expression of conditioned fear requires an optimal level of mPFC dopamine activity...
- Functional aspects of dopamine metabolism in the putative prefrontal cortex analogue and striatum of pigeons (Columba livia)Tobias Bast
Biopsychologie, Fakultat fur Psychologie, Ruhr Universitat Bochum, 44780 Bochum, Germany
J Comp Neurol 446:58-67. 2002..They may reflect weaker regulation of extracellular DA, favoring DAergic volume transmission, in associative than striatal forebrain regions...