Pierre O Bagnaninchi
Affiliation: University of Edinburgh
- Combined impedance spectroscopy and Fourier domain optical coherence tomography to monitor cells in three-dimensional structuresPierre O Bagnaninchi
MRC Centre for Regenerative Medicine, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh Scotland
Int J Artif Organs 33:238-43. 2010..To assess non-invasively and in real time the three- dimensional organization of cells within porous matrices by combining Fourier Domain Optical Coherence Tomography (FDOCT) and Impedance Spectroscopy (IS)...
- In-depth imaging and quantification of degenerative changes associated with Achilles ruptured tendons by polarization-sensitive optical coherence tomographyP O Bagnaninchi
Institute for Science and Technology in Medicine, Keele University, and Department of Pathology, University Hospital of North Staffordshire, Thornburrow Drive, Hartshill, Stoke on Trent ST4 7QB, UK
Phys Med Biol 55:3777-87. 2010..PSOCT has the potential to explore in situ and in-depth pathological change associated with Achilles tendon rupture, and could help to delineate abnormalities in tendinopathic samples in vivo...
- Real-time label-free monitoring of adipose-derived stem cell differentiation with electric cell-substrate impedance sensingPierre O Bagnaninchi
Medical Research Council Centre for Regenerative Medicine, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh EH16 4SB, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:6462-7. 2011....
- Two-dimensional and three-dimensional viability measurements of adult stem cells with optical coherence phase microscopyPierre O Bagnaninchi
University of Edinburgh, MRC Centre for Regenerative Medicine, Edinburgh, United Kingdom
J Biomed Opt 16:086003. 2011..Significant differences were found in phase fluctuations between the different conditions. This study indicated that OCPM could potentially assess cell vitality in 2D and in 3D microstructures...
- Label-free assessment of adipose-derived stem cell differentiation using coherent anti-Stokes Raman scattering and multiphoton microscopyRabah Mouras
University of Edinburgh, School of Engineering, Institute for Materials and Processes, King s Buildings, Mayfield Road, Edinburgh EH9 3JL, United Kingdom
J Biomed Opt 17:116011. 2012..These results indicate that multimodal microscopy has significant potential as an enabling technology for the label-free investigation of SC differentiation...
- Online monitoring of collagen fibre alignment in tissue-engineered tendon by PSOCTMark Ahearne
Institute of Science and Technology in Medicine, School of Medicine, Keele University, UK
J Tissue Eng Regen Med 2:521-4. 2008..These results demonstrate that PSOCT can be a powerful tool for monitoring the change in collagen organization online and non-destructively at different time points in growing engineered tendons...
- A novel optical coherence tomography-based micro-indentation technique for mechanical characterization of hydrogelsYing Yang
Institute of Science and Technology in Medicine, Keele University, Stoke on Trent, UK
J R Soc Interface 4:1169-73. 2007..g. hydrogel). This unique character can be applied for various biomechanical investigations such as monitoring reconstruction of engineered tissues...