P F Ashley
Affiliation: University College London
- Sedation versus general anaesthesia for provision of dental treatment in under 18 year oldsPaul F Ashley
Unit of Paediatric Dentistry, UCL Eastman Dental Institute, 256 Grays Inn Road, London, UK, WC1X 8LD
Cochrane Database Syst Rev . 2009..The aim of this review is to compare the efficiency of sedation versus general anaesthesia for the provision of dental treatment for children and adolescents under 18 years...
- Preoperative analgesics for additional pain relief in children and adolescents having dental treatmentPaul F Ashley
Unit of Paediatric Dentistry, UCL Eastman Dental Institute, London, UK
Cochrane Database Syst Rev . 2012..In addition it might also reduce intraoperative pain. Reviewing the available evidence will determine whether further research is warranted and will inform the development of prescribing guidelines...
- Sedation for dental treatment of children in the primary care sector (UK)P F Ashley
Department of Paediatric Dentistry, UCL Eastman Dental Institute, 256 Gray s Inn Road, London, WC1X 8LD
Br Dent J 208:E21; discussion 522-3. 2010..To audit the clinical practice of a dental sedation service in the primary care sector and determine which services dentists use to manage unco-operative children...
- Diagnosis of occlusal caries in primary teethP Ashley
Department of Paediatric Dentistry, Eastman Dental Institute of Oral Health Care Sciences, University College London, 256 Gray s Inn Road, London WC1X 8LD, UK
Int J Paediatr Dent 10:166-71. 2000..81 and 0.90, respectively, and for the visual diagnosis were 0.73 and 1. In conclusion, the ECM did not provide increased accuracy over visual diagnosis when detecting occlusal caries in primary teeth...
- Advances in paediatric dentistryPaul F Ashley
Department of Paediatric Dentistry, Eastman Dental Institute for Oral Health Care Sciences, London, UK
Prim Dent Care 9:71-3. 2002..What has changed are the treatments available and in this paper some of the more interesting recent developments in this field are summarised...
- Perioperative local anaesthetic in young paediatric patients undergoing extractions under outpatient 'short-case' general anaesthesia. A double-blind randomised controlled trialK J Leong
MClinDent Paediatric Dentistry Graduate, Unit of Paediatric Dentistry, Eastman Dental Institute and Hospital, University College London, University of London, 256 Gray s Inn Road, London, WC1X 8LD
Br Dent J 203:E11; discussion 334-5. 2007..To investigate if postoperative pain/discomfort and anxiety experienced by young children who had extractions under general anaesthesia (GA) were affected by perioperative injection techniques of local anaesthetic (LA)...
- What is the evidence for paediatric dental sedation?L L Matharu
Unit of Paediatric Dentistry, King s College London, Dental Institute Bessemer Road, London SE5 9RW, UK
J Dent 35:2-20. 2007..Sedation can be used to relieve anxiety and manage behaviour in children, unfortunately it is difficult to determine from published research which agents, dosages and techniques are effective...
- Analysis of paediatric dental care provided under general anaesthesia and levels of dental disease in two hospitalsA Camilleri
Department of Paediatric Dentistry, The Eastman Dental Institute, University College London, 256 Gray s Inn Road, London, UK
Br Dent J 196:219-23; discussion 213. 2004..To compare the level of dental disease and the pattern of dental treatment under controlled airway general anaesthesia for ASA I and II children and ASA III and IV children in two hospitals...
- Toothbrushing: why, when and how?P Ashley
Department of Paediatric Dentistry, Eastman Dental Institute for Oral Health Care Sciences, University College London
Dent Update 28:36-40. 2001..Knowledge of how these factors influence effectiveness will allow the dental professional to give appropriate advice...
- Effects of programs for prevention of early childhood caries. A systematic reviewJumana B Ammari
Pediatric Dentistry Clinic, Al Nasr Medical Center, University of Jordan, Amman, Jordan
Med Princ Pract 16:437-42. 2007..To determine the most effective intervention program for prevention of early childhood caries...