Affiliation: University of Ulster
- Assessing the factor structure of posttraumatic stress disorder symptoms in war-exposed youths with and without Criterion A2 endorsementCherie Armour
Faculty of Life and Health Sciences, School of Psychology, University of Ulster at Magee Campus, L Derry BT48 7JL, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
J Anxiety Disord 25:80-7. 2011..The impact of removing A2 on the factor structure of King et al. (1998) PTSD model is discussed in light of the proposed removal of Criterion A2 for the DSM-V...
- Assessing the specificity of posttraumatic stress disorder's dysphoric items within the dysphoria modelCherie Armour
The National Centre for Psychotraumatology, University of Southern Denmark, Odense, Denmark and School of Psychology, Faculty of Life and Health Sciences, University of Ulster at Magee Campus, L Derry, Northern Ireland
J Nerv Ment Dis 201:907-14. 2013..This finding is pertinent given several proposals for the removal of dysphoric items from the diagnostic criteria set of PTSD in the upcoming DSM-5. ..
- Evidence for a psychotic posttraumatic stress disorder subtype based on the National Comorbidity SurveyMark Shevlin
School of Psychology, University of Ulster at Magee, Londonderry, BT48 7JL, Northern Ireland, UK
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 46:1069-78. 2011..The identification of a psychotic PTSD subtype was also predicted...
- The DSM-5 dissociative-PTSD subtype: can levels of depression, anxiety, hostility, and sleeping difficulties differentiate between dissociative-PTSD and PTSD in rape and sexual assault victims?Cherie Armour
School of Psychology, University of Ulster at Coleraine Campus, Coleraine, Northern Ireland, UK Electronic address
J Anxiety Disord 28:418-26. 2014..1% of the sample and evidenced significantly higher mean scores on measures of depression, anxiety, hostility, and sleeping difficulties. Implications are discussed in relation to both treatment planning and the newly published DSM-5. ..
- Polydrug use typologies and childhood maltreatment in a nationally representative survey of Danish young adultsCherie Armour
School of Psychology, University of Ulster, Coleraine, Northern Ireland, National Centre for Psychotraumatology, University of Southern Denmark, Odense, Denmark
J Stud Alcohol Drugs 75:170-8. 2014..Substance use and childhood maltreatment experience are linked, but little is known about the association with polydrug use patterns...
- Reconciling the differences between the King et al. (1998) and Simms et al. (2002) factor models of PTSDMark Shevlin
School of Psychology, University of Ulster Magee Campus, Northland Road, Co Londonderry, BT48 7JL, Northern Ireland
J Anxiety Disord 23:995-1001. 2009..Journal of Abnormal Psychology, 111, 637-647] but also question the use of symptoms that are not unique indicators of specific factors...