Kirit M Ardeshna
Affiliation: University College London
- The upregulation of CC chemokine receptor 7 and the increased migration of maturing dendritic cells to macrophage inflammatory protein 3beta and secondary lymphoid chemokine is mediated by the p38 stress-activated protein kinase pathwayKirit M Ardeshna
Department of Haematology, Royal Free and UCL Medical School, Guy s, King s, St Thomas School of Medicine, Rayne Institute, London, UK
Br J Haematol 119:826-9. 2002..These findings have implications for the mechanism of action of p38SAPK inhibitors, currently in use in clinical trials for patients with autoimmune diseases...
- Long-term effect of a watch and wait policy versus immediate systemic treatment for asymptomatic advanced-stage non-Hodgkin lymphoma: a randomised controlled trialK M Ardeshna
British National Lymphoma Investigation, CRC and UCL Cancer Trials Centre, London NW1 2DA, UK
Lancet 362:516-22. 2003....
- Rituximab in combination with CODOX-M/IVAC: a retrospective analysis of 23 cases of non-HIV related B-cell non-Hodgkin lymphoma with proliferation index >95%Sajir G Mohamedbhai
Department of Haematology, University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, UK
Br J Haematol 152:175-81. 2011..These results with R-CODOX-M/R-IVAC compare favourably with existing data using CODOX-M/IVAC and warrant further prospective studies. The potential pitfalls of PET-CT to assess response are highlighted...
- Conventional second-line salvage chemotherapy regimens are not warranted in patients with malignant lymphomas who have progressive disease after first-line salvage therapy regimensKirit M Ardeshna
Department of Haematology, University College London Hospitals, London, UK
Br J Haematol 130:363-72. 2005..This analysis indicates that patients with malignant lymphomas, who have PD on 1 degrees ST, are not rescued by subsequent salvage regimens. They should either be treated palliatively or novel approaches should be explored...
- Rituximab versus a watch-and-wait approach in patients with advanced-stage, asymptomatic, non-bulky follicular lymphoma: an open-label randomised phase 3 trialKirit M Ardeshna
Department of Haematology, University College Hospital, London, UK Electronic address
Lancet Oncol 15:424-35. 2014..We assessed whether rituximab use could delay the need for chemotherapy or radiotherapy compared with watchful waiting and the effect of this strategy on quality of life (QoL)...
- Autologous stem cell transplantation for follicular lymphoma is of most benefit early in the disease course and can result in durable remissions, irrespective of prior rituximab exposureJaimal Kothari
Department of Haematology, University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, London, UK
Br J Haematol 165:334-40. 2014..Our data shows that BEAM ASCT can be a highly effective treatment in patients with FL early in the disease course, and that a proportion of patients experience prolonged disease-free survival and may be cured...
- Cardiac tamponade in Hodgkin lymphomaAndrew Retter
Department of Haematology, St Thomas NHS Trust, London, UK
Br J Haematol 138:2. 2007
- Hotel-based ambulatory care for complex cancer patients: a review of the University College London Hospital experienceJonathan Sive
Department of Haematology, University College London Hospital, London, UK
Leuk Lymphoma 53:2397-404. 2012..An ACU/hotel-based treatment model can be safely used for a wide variety of cancers and treatments, expanding hospital treatment capacity, and freeing up inpatient beds for those patients requiring them...
- Has single-agent rituximab replaced watch-and-wait for a patient with asymptomatic low-grade follicular lymphoma?Lisa Lowry
Department of Haematology, University College London Cancer Institute and University College Hospital, London, UK
Cancer J 18:390-5. 2012..Even without the longer-term survival data, this has reignited the debate over initial management in FL...
- Use of zidovudine and interferon alfa with chemotherapy improves survival in both acute and lymphoma subtypes of adult T-cell leukemia/lymphomaAndrew Hodson
National Centre for Human Retrovirology, St Mary s Hospital, Imperial College Healthcare National Health Service Trust, United Kingdom
J Clin Oncol 29:4696-701. 2011..Use of zidovudine (ZDV) and interferon alfa (IFN-α) has been associated with improved response rates in small studies and prolonged overall survival in leukemic ATLL subtypes in a recent meta-analysis...
- Etoposide, methylprednisolone, cytarabine and cisplatin successfully cytoreduces resistant myeloma patients and mobilizes them for transplant without adverse effectsShirley D'Sa
Department of Haematology, University College London Hospitals NHS Trust, London, UK
Br J Haematol 125:756-65. 2004..We conclude that ESHAP has acceptable toxicity and efficient stem cell mobilizing capability, effectively cytoreduced this chemoresistant group of patients, and did not appear to adversely affect transplant outcome...