Affiliation: University Hospital of Wales
- Offending behaviour in adults with Asperger syndromeDavid Allen
Special Projects Team, Bro Morgannwg NHS Trust, 58 62 Cowbridge Road West, Cardiff, South Wales, UK
J Autism Dev Disord 38:748-58. 2008..A small number of participants meeting the study criteria were identified. For those who had offended, their experience of the criminal justice system was essentially negative. Possible implications of the results were discussed...
- Challenging behaviour and psychiatric disorder in intellectual disabilityDavid Allen
Bro Morgannwg NHS Trust and University of Glamorgan Special Projects Team, Cardiff, UK
Curr Opin Psychiatry 20:450-5. 2007..To critically review recent publications on the relationship between challenging behaviour and psychiatric disorder in people with intellectual disabilities...
- The relationship between challenging behaviour and mental ill-health in people with intellectual disabilities: a review of current theories and evidenceDavid Allen
Abertawe Bro Morgannwg University NHS Trust and Cardiff University, Wales, UK
J Intellect Disabil 12:267-94. 2008..A conceptual model for looking at the risk variables that may contribute to both conditions is suggested, and requirements for future research and current multi-disciplinary practice are outlined...
- Restraint and self-injury in people with intellectual disabilities: a reviewEdwin Jones
Bro Morgannwg NHS Trust, Wales and Unit for Development in Intellectual Disability, University of Glamorgan, Wales
J Intellect Disabil 11:105-18. 2007..It describes some good practice standards and highlights the need for further research and debate in this complex area...
- Towards the prevention of behavioural and psychiatric disorders in people with intellectual disabilitiesDavid Allen
Special Projects Team, Abertawe Bro Morgannwg Univerity Health Board, Cardiff, UK
J Appl Res Intellect Disabil 26:501-14. 2013..Central to this proposal is a greater integration of issues for people with intellectual disabilities within much broader policy and research agendas. ..
- Recovery of visual and functional disability following cataract surgery in older people: Sunderland Cataract StudyChristopher S Gray
School of Clinical Medical Sciences, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
J Cataract Refract Surg 32:60-6. 2006..To examine changes in visual, psychological, and functional disability in older people waiting for cataract extraction and 6 months after surgery...