Ian J Allan
Affiliation: University of Portsmouth
- Cyclodextrin enhanced biodegradation of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons and phenols in contaminated soil slurriesIan J Allan
School of Environmental Sciences, University of East Anglia, NR4 7TJ Anglia, United Kingdom
Environ Sci Technol 41:5498-504. 2007..05) more available for biodegradation...
- Assessing biodegradation potential of PAHs in complex multi-contaminant matricesZachary A Hickman
School of Environmental Sciences, UEA, Norwich NR94QR, UK
Environ Pollut 156:1041-5. 2008..Results showed, regardless of matrix complexity, that PAH biodegradation within the four RM substrates, and two MGP soils correlated well with biodegradation predicted by hydroxypropyl-beta-cyclodextrin (HPCD) extraction...
- A "toolbox" for biological and chemical monitoring requirements for the European Union's Water Framework DirectiveIan J Allan
School of Biological Sciences, University of Portsmouth, King Henry Building, King Henry I Street, Portsmouth, UK
Talanta 69:302-22. 2006..Finally, quality assurance and quality control or method validation issues are summarised...
- Diffusion of the synthetic pyrethroid permethrin into bed-sedimentsIan J Allan
Centre for Ecology and Hydrology Dorset, Winfrith Technology Centre, Dorchester, UK
Environ Sci Technol 39:523-30. 2005....
- Evaluation of the Chemcatcher and DGT passive samplers for monitoring metals with highly fluctuating water concentrationsIan J Allan
School of Biological Sciences, University of Portsmouth, King Henry Building, Portsmouth, UK
J Environ Monit 9:672-81. 2007..Such samplers may prove valuable in responding to the monitoring requirements of the European Union's Water Framework Directive...
- Transport and distribution of lindane and simazine in a riverine environment: measurements in bed sediments and modellingIan J Allan
Centre for Ecology and Hydrology, Winfrith Technology Centre, Dorchester, Dorset, DT2 8ZD, UK
Pest Manag Sci 60:417-33. 2004..The compounds penetrated to a depth of 40-50 mm over a period of 42 days...
- Prediction of mono- and polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon degradation in spiked soils using cyclodextrin extractionIan J Allan
School of Environmental Sciences, University of East Anglia, Norwich NR4 7TJ, UK
Environ Pollut 144:562-71. 2006..The assessment of the microbial availability of contaminants in soils is important for a more representative evaluation of soil contamination...
- Measurement of environmental pollutants using passive sampling devices--a commentary on the current state of the artGraham A Mills
University of Portsmouth, Portsmouth, UK
J Environ Monit 13:2979-82. 2011....
- Chemcatcher and DGT passive sampling devices for regulatory monitoring of trace metals in surface waterIan J Allan
Norwegian Institute for Water Research, Gaustadalleen 21, Oslo, 0349, Norway
J Environ Monit 10:821-9. 2008....
- Biomonitoring with Gammarus pulex at the Meuse (NL), Aller (GER) and Rhine (F) rivers with the online Multispecies Freshwater BiomonitorAlmut Gerhardt
LimCo International, An der Aa 5, D 49477 Ibbenbüren, Germany
J Environ Monit 9:979-85. 2007..The MFB proved to be an alert system for water quality monitoring at sensitive sites and sites with accidental pollution...