Affiliation: University Hospital of Wales
- Human papilloma virus (HPV) prophylactic vaccination: challenges for public health and implications for screeningM Adams
Department of Oncology, Velindre Hospital, Cardiff CF14 2TL, Wales, UK
Vaccine 25:3007-13. 2007..This may be a particularly sensitive issue for ethnic minority groups. This paper considers the factors which will influence the efficacy of a public HPV vaccination programme and its impact on cervical screening...
- Prophylactic HPV vaccination for women over 18 years of ageM Adams
Velindre Cancer Centre, Whitchurch, Cardiff, Wales CF14 2TL, UK
Vaccine 27:3391-4. 2009..This paper will explore the evidence supporting HPV vaccination in HPV naïve and HPV exposed sexually active women up to 26 years and beyond this age group...
- The rationale for combined chemo/immunotherapy using a Toll-like receptor 3 (TLR3) agonist and tumour-derived exosomes in advanced ovarian cancerM Adams
Velindre Hospital, Whitchurch, Cardiff and Cardiff University School of Medicine, Cardiff, UK
Vaccine 23:2374-8. 2005..The rationale for adopting such a combined approach is discussed here...
- Dendritic cell (DC) based therapy for cervical cancer: use of DC pulsed with tumour lysate and matured with a novel synthetic clinically non-toxic double stranded RNA analogue poly [I]:poly [C(12)U] (Ampligen R)M Adams
Velindre NHS Trust, Velindre Hospital, Whitchurch, Cardiff CF 14 2TL, UK
Vaccine 21:787-90. 2003..This strategy is currently being tested in a clinical trial in patients with cervical cancer...
- Clinical studies of human papilloma vaccines in pre-invasive and invasive cancerM Adams
Velindre Hospital, Whitchurch, CF14 2TL, Cardiff, UK
Vaccine 19:2549-56. 2001..However, further clinical trials are needed to determine the full anti-tumour potential of this vaccine based immunotherapy...
- A clinical grade poly I:C-analogue (Ampligen) promotes optimal DC maturation and Th1-type T cell responses of healthy donors and cancer patients in vitroH Navabi
Velindre Cancer Centre, Velindre NHS Trust, Cardiff, UK
Vaccine 27:107-15. 2009..These characteristics make poly(I:C12U) a suitable agent for use as an adjuvant in cancer directed immunotherapeutic regimes...
- Preparation of human ovarian cancer ascites-derived exosomes for a clinical trialH Navabi
Cancer Services, Velindre NHS Trust, Cardiff, UK
Blood Cells Mol Dis 35:149-52. 2005....
- Ampligen: a potential toll-like 3 receptor adjuvant for immunotherapy of cancerB Jasani
Departments of Pathology, School of Medicine, Cardiff University, Cardiff, Wales, UK
Vaccine 27:3401-4. 2009....
- Analysis of antigen presenting cell derived exosomes, based on immuno-magnetic isolation and flow cytometryA Clayton
Section of Clinical Oncology, University of Wales College of Medicine, Velindre Hospital, Whitchurch, Cardiff CF14 2TL, UK
J Immunol Methods 247:163-74. 2001..The immuno-magnetic isolation and analysis of exosomes is a versatile and rapid tool for the analysis of APC exosomes, and may prove a valuable tool for the study of exosome biology...
- Simian virus 40 detection in human mesothelioma: reliability and significance of the available molecular evidenceB Jasani
Department of Pathology, University of Wales College of Medicine, Heath Park, Cardiff, CF14 4XN, Wales, UK
Front Biosci 6:E12-22. 2001....
- A comparison of the toxicity and efficacy of cisplatin and carboplatin in advanced ovarian cancer. The Swons Gynaecological Cancer GroupM Adams
Velindre Hospital, Cardiff, England
Acta Oncol 28:57-60. 1989..Actuarial survival for cisplatin group at 24 months was 50% and for carboplatin group 58% with no significant difference. Carboplatin appears less toxic than cisplatin producing to date similar survival and response as a single agent...
- High-dose folinic acid and 5-fluorouracil bolus and continuous infusion in advanced colorectal cancer: poor response rate in unselected patientsC L Hanna
Velindre Hospital, Cardiff, UK
Br J Cancer 72:774-6. 1995..Diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting and mucositis also occurred but were mild and infrequent. Our low response rate may be related to factors such as patient characteristics or duration of treatment...
- Survival in ovarian cancer in Wales: Prior to introduction of all Wales guidelinesT S Shylasree
Department of Gynaecological Oncology, Llandough Hospital, Penarth, South Wales, United Kingdom
Int J Gynecol Cancer 16:1770-6. 2006..022). This study has highlighted the acute issue of the standards of clinical care in the area of ovarian cancer management and will emphasize the implementation of better care pathways for ovarian cancers...
- International Campaign for Cures of Spinal Cord Injury Paralysis (ICCP): another step forward for spinal cord injury researchM Adams
1International Spinal Research Trust, Bramley Business Centre, Bramley, Guildford, Surrey, UK
Spinal Cord 42:273-80. 2004..The mission and objectives of this alliance, termed the International Campaign for Cures of Spinal Cord Injury Paralysis (ICCP), are described here...
- A phase IIA study of the topoisomerase I inhibitor, exatecan mesylate (DX-8951f), administered at two different dose schedules in patients with platinum- and taxane-resistant/refractory ovarian cancerA Clamp
Cancer Research UK Deparment of Medical Oncology, Christie Hospital, M20 4BX, UK
Gynecol Oncol 95:114-9. 2004..Exatecan mesylate is a novel topoisomerase I inhibitor with potent activity against ovarian cancer in vitro. A multicentre phase IIA study was conducted in patients with platinum- and taxane-resistant epithelial ovarian cancer...