Rouyanne T Ras
Affiliation: Unilever Research
- Increases in plasma plant sterols stabilize within four weeks of plant sterol intake and are independent of cholesterol metabolismR T Ras
Unilever Research and Development Vlaardingen, Vlaardingen, The Netherlands Electronic address
Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis 26:302-9. 2016..In this paper, we report time curves of changes in plasma PS during 12 weeks of PS intake. Furthermore, the impact of cholesterol synthesis and absorption on changes in plasma PS is explored...
- Low doses of eicosapentaenoic acid and docosahexaenoic acid from fish oil dose-dependently decrease serum triglyceride concentrations in the presence of plant sterols in hypercholesterolemic men and womenRouyanne T Ras
Unilever Research and Development Vlaardingen, Vlaardingen, The Netherlands
J Nutr 144:1564-70. 2014..This trial was registered at clinicaltrials.gov as NCT01313988. ..
- Consumption of plant sterol-enriched foods and effects on plasma plant sterol concentrations--a meta-analysis of randomized controlled studiesRouyanne T Ras
Unilever R and D Vlaardingen, Olivier van Noortlaan 120, 3133 AT Vlaardingen, The Netherlands Electronic address
Atherosclerosis 230:336-46. 2013..The magnitude of this increase has not been systematically assessed. This study aimed to investigate the effect of PS-enriched foods on plasma PS concentrations by performing a meta-analysis of randomized controlled studies...
- Flow-mediated dilation and cardiovascular risk prediction: a systematic review with meta-analysisRouyanne T Ras
Nutrition and Health Department, Unilever R and D Vlaardingen, The Netherlands
Int J Cardiol 168:344-51. 2013..We systematically reviewed prospective studies that investigated the association between brachial FMD and future cardiovascular events, with particular focus on the role of underlying health status...
- Tea consumption enhances endothelial-dependent vasodilation; a meta-analysisRouyanne T Ras
Nutrition and Health Department, Unilever R and D Vlaardingen, Vlaardingen, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 6:e16974. 2011..Tea consumption is associated with a lower risk of cardiovascular disease including stroke. Direct effects of tea components on the vasculature, particularly the endothelium, may partly explain this association...
- Continuous dose-response relationship of the LDL-cholesterol-lowering effect of phytosterol intakeIsabelle Demonty
Unilever R and D, 3130 AC Vlaardingen, The Netherlands
J Nutr 139:271-84. 2009..Further investigations are warranted to investigate the impact of solid vs. liquid food formats and frequency of intake on phytosterol efficacy...
- The effect of plant sterols on serum triglyceride concentrations is dependent on baseline concentrations: a pooled analysis of 12 randomised controlled trialsIsabelle Demonty
Unilever R and D Vlaardingen, P O Box 114, 3130 AC, Vlaardingen, The Netherlands
Eur J Nutr 52:153-60. 2013..This study was performed to quantify the TG-lowering effect of PS by pooling individual subject data from 12 randomised controlled trials that investigated the effects of PS on blood lipids...
- Effect of polyphenol-rich grape seed extract on ambulatory blood pressure in subjects with pre- and stage I hypertensionRouyanne T Ras
Unilever R and D Vlaardingen, Olivier van Noortlaan 120, 3133 AT, Vlaardingen, The Netherlands
Br J Nutr 110:2234-41. 2013..Our findings show that consumption of polyphenol-rich GSE does not significantly lower ABP in untreated subjects with pre- and stage I hypertension...
- Intake of phytosterols from natural sources and risk of cardiovascular disease in the European Prospective Investigation into Cancer and Nutrition-the Netherlands (EPIC-NL) populationRouyanne T Ras
Unilever Research and Development Vlaardingen, The Netherlands
Eur J Prev Cardiol 22:1067-75. 2015..Whether a high intake of PS reduces CVD risk is unknown. This observational study aimed to investigate the associations between intake of naturally occurring PSs, blood lipids and CVD risk...
- The effect of plant sterols and different low doses of omega-3 fatty acids from fish oil on lipoprotein subclassesDoris M Jacobs
Unilever R and D, Vlaardingen, The Netherlands
Mol Nutr Food Res 59:1745-57. 2015..Yet, their combined effects on TG and Chol in various lipoprotein subclasses have been investigated to a limited extent...
- The effect of black tea on blood pressure: a systematic review with meta-analysis of randomized controlled trialsArno Greyling
Unilever Research and Development Vlaardingen, Vlaardingen, The Netherlands Department of Physiology, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 9:e103247. 2014..Our objective was to conduct a systematic literature review with meta-analysis of controlled human intervention studies examining the effect of tea consumption on BP...
- LDL-cholesterol-lowering effect of plant sterols and stanols across different dose ranges: a meta-analysis of randomised controlled studiesRouyanne T Ras
Unilever R and D Vlaardingen, Olivier van Noortlaan 120, PO Box 114, 3130 ACVlaardingen, The Netherlands
Br J Nutr 112:214-9. 2014..In conclusion, the LDL-cholesterol-lowering effect of both plant sterols and stanols continues to increase up to intakes of approximately 3 g/d to an average effect of 12%...