Doris M Jacobs
Affiliation: Unilever Research
- The metabolic fate of red wine and grape juice polyphenols in humans assessed by metabolomicsFerdinand A van Dorsten
Unilever R and D Vlaardingen, NL 3130 AC Vlaardingen, The Netherlands
Mol Nutr Food Res 54:897-908. 2010..MIX and GJX consumption had a slightly different effect on the excreted phenolic acid profile and on endogenous metabolite excretion, possibly reflecting their different polyphenol composition...
- Kinetics and active site dynamics of Staphylococcus aureus arsenate reductaseJoris Messens
Dienst Ultrastructuur, Vlaams Interuniversitair Instituut voor Biotechnologie VIB, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Paardenstraat 65, 1640 Sint Genesius Rode, Belgium
J Biol Inorg Chem 7:146-56. 2002..2 x 10(4 )M-1s-1), while its product, arsenite, was identified as a mixed inhibitor ( K*iu=534 microM, K*ic=377 microM)...
- (1)H NMR metabolite profiling of feces as a tool to assess the impact of nutrition on the human microbiomeDoris M Jacobs
Unilever R and D, Vlaardingen, The Netherlands
NMR Biomed 21:615-26. 2008....
- Non-digestible food ingredients, colonic microbiota and the impact on gut health and immunity: a role for metabolomicsDoris M Jacobs
Unilever Food and Health Research Institute UFHRI, Unilever R and D, Olivier van Noortlaan 120, 3130 AC Vlaardingen, The Netherlands
Curr Drug Metab 10:41-54. 2009....
- Assessment of inflammatory resilience in healthy subjects using dietary lipid and glucose challengesSuzan Wopereis
Unilever R and D, Olivier van Noortlaan 120, Vlaardingen 3130 AC, The Netherlands
BMC Med Genomics 6:44. 2013..Meals are a challenge to metabolic homeostasis and are suggested to affect inflammatory pathways, yet data in literature are limited and inconsistent...
- SPE-NMR metabolite sub-profiling of urineDoris M Jacobs
Unilever R and D, Olivier van Noortlaan 120, 3130 AC, Vlaardingen, The Netherlands
Anal Bioanal Chem 404:2349-61. 2012..In conclusion, SPE-NMR metabolite sub-profiling is a reliable and improved method for quantification and identification of metabolites in urine to discover dietary effects and markers of phytochemical exposure...
- Impact of short-term intake of red wine and grape polyphenol extract on the human metabolomeDoris M Jacobs
Unilever R and D, Olivier van Noortlaan 120, 3130AC Vlaardingen, The Netherlands
J Agric Food Chem 60:3078-85. 2012..In plasma, tyrosine was reduced. The results suggest that short-term intake of WGM altered microbial protein fermentation and/or amino acid metabolism...
- GC-MS methods for metabolic profiling of microbial fermentation products of dietary polyphenols in human and in vitro intervention studiesChristian H Grün
Unilever Food and Health Research Institute, Olivier van Noortlaan 120, 3133 AT, Vlaardingen, The Netherlands
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 871:212-9. 2008..In conclusion, the methods presented are robust and generally applicable to diverse biological fluids. Its profiling character is useful to investigate on a large scale the gut microbiome-mediated bioavailability of flavonoids...
- Metabolic fate of polyphenols in the human superorganismJohn van Duynhoven
Unilever R and D, Olivier van Noortlaan 120, 3133 AT, Vlaardingen, The Netherlands
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:4531-8. 2011..This approach will pave the way for personalization of nutrition based on gut microbial functionality of individuals or populations...
- The effect of plant sterols and different low doses of omega-3 fatty acids from fish oil on lipoprotein subclassesDoris M Jacobs
Unilever R and D, Vlaardingen, The Netherlands
Mol Nutr Food Res 59:1745-57. 2015..Yet, their combined effects on TG and Chol in various lipoprotein subclasses have been investigated to a limited extent...
- Rapid and sustained systemic circulation of conjugated gut microbial catabolites after single-dose black tea extract consumptionJohn van Duynhoven
Unilever Discover Vlaardingen, Olivier van Noortlaan 120, 3133 AT Vlaardingen, The Netherlands
J Proteome Res 13:2668-78. 2014..Their presence and effects may depend on individual variation in catabolic capacity of the gut microbiota. ..
- Multilevel data analysis of a crossover designed human nutritional intervention studyEwoud J J van Velzen
Biosystems Data Analysis, Swammerdam Institute for Life Sciences, Universiteit van Amsterdam, Nieuwe Achtergracht 166, 1018 WV Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Proteome Res 7:4483-91. 2008..0002) is a major improvement compared to a ordinary PLS-DA model ( p = 0.058) without variation splitting. Finally, rank products are used to determine which NMR signals are most important in the multilevel classification model...
- Probing gender-specific metabolism differences in humans by nuclear magnetic resonance-based metabonomicsSunil Kochhar
BioAnalytical Science Department, Nestle Research Center, Vers chez les Blanc, CH 1000 Lausanne 26, Switzerland
Anal Biochem 352:274-81. 2006..Estrogen most likely plays an essential role in the regulation of, and communication between, protein and lipid biosynthesis by controlling pH in mitochondria and the cytoplasm and hence the observed altered citrate levels...
- QSAR-by-NMR: quantitative insights into structural determinants for binding affinity by analysis of 1H/15N chemical shift differences in MMP-3 ligandsHans Matter
Aventis Pharma Deutschland GmbH, DI and A Chemistry, Building G 878, D 65926 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 15:1779-83. 2005....
- Interpretation of NMR relaxation properties of Pin1, a two-domain protein, based on Brownian dynamic simulationsPau Bernado
Departament de Quimica Organica, Universitat de Barcelona, Marti i Franques 1 11, 08028 Barcelona, Spain
J Biomol NMR 29:21-35. 2004....
- 1H, 13C and 15N backbone resonance assignment of the integrin alpha2 I-domainBettina Elshorst
Johann Wolfgang Goethe University Frankfurt, Institute for Organic Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Center for Biomolecular Magnetic Resonance, Marie Curie Strasse 11, D 60439 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
J Biomol NMR 27:191-2. 2003
- Antimalarial drug quinacrine binds to C-terminal helix of cellular prion proteinMartin Vogtherr
Institut fur Molekularbiologie und Biophysik, Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zurich, CH 8093 Zurich, Switzerland
J Med Chem 46:3563-4. 2003..The millimolar dissociation constant of the complex suggests that in vivo inhibition of prion propagation occurs after 10000-fold concentration of quinacrine within endolysosomes...
- Peptide binding induces large scale changes in inter-domain mobility in human Pin1Doris M Jacobs
Institut für Organische Chemie und Chemische Biologie, Johann Wolfgang Goethe Universitat Frankfurt, Marie Curie Strasse 11, 60439 Frankfurt, Germany
J Biol Chem 278:26174-82. 2003..The functional importance of the modulation of relative domain flexibility in light of the multitude of interaction partners of Pin1 is discussed...