Affiliation: UK Cochrane Centre
- Research synthesis and dissemination as a bridge to knowledge management: the Cochrane CollaborationJimmy Volmink
Primary Health Care Directorate, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Cape Town, Cape Town, South Africa
Bull World Health Organ 82:778-83. 2004..Finally, we highlight the need for increased investment in the preparation and maintenance of Cochrane reviews, particularly those that address health issues that are relevant to people living in low- and middle-income countries...
- Randomised controlled trials in Africa of HIV and AIDS: descriptive study and spatial distributionNandi Siegfried
UK Cochrane Centre, Oxford OX2 7LG
BMJ 331:742. 2005..To identify and describe randomised controlled trials on HIV and AIDS conducted in Africa and to map their spatial distribution using exact geographic coordinates...
- Stavudine, lamivudine and nevirapine combination therapy for treatment of HIV infection and AIDS in adultsN L Siegfried
UK Cochrane Centre, Summertown Pavilion, Middle Way, Oxford UK, OX2 7LG
Cochrane Database Syst Rev . 2006..Analysis of the efficacy, durability and tolerability of the regimen is thus important to clinicians, consumers and policy-makers living in both rich and poor countries...
- Scope and geographical distribution of African medical journals active in 2005Nandi Siegfried
Clinical Trials Service Unit, Oxford University and United Kingdom Cochrane Centre, Oxford, UK
S Afr Med J 96:533-8. 2006..To identify all African medical journals actively publishing in 2005, and to create a geodatabase of these to evaluate and monitor future journal activity...
- HIV and male circumcision--a systematic review with assessment of the quality of studiesN Siegfried
South African Cochrane Centre, Medical Research Council, South Africa
Lancet Infect Dis 5:165-73. 2005..Although most studies show an association between male circumcision and prevention of HIV, these results may be limited by confounding, which is unlikely to be adjusted for...
- Does male circumcision prevent HIV infection?Nandi Siegfried
South African Nuffield Medical Fellow at the University of Oxford, Oxford, United Kingdom
PLoS Med 2:e393. 2005
- The sensitivity and precision of search terms in Phases I, II and III of the Cochrane Highly Sensitive Search Strategy for identifying reports of randomized trials in medline in a specific area of health care--HIV/AIDS prevention and treatment interventioAnne Eisinga
UK Cochrane Centre, Summertown Pavilion, Middle Way, Oxford, UK
Health Info Libr J 24:103-9. 2007..To detect term(s) in the Cochrane Highly Sensitive Search Strategy (HSSS) that retain high sensitivity but improve precision in retrieving reports of trials in the PubMed version of medline...
- African HIV/AIDS trials are more likely to report adequate allocation concealment and random generation than North American trialsNandi Siegfried
Clinical Trial Service Unit, University of Oxford, Oxford, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 3:e3491. 2008..We postulated that location may negatively impact on trial quality in regions where resources are scarce...
- Optimal time for initiation of antiretroviral therapy in asymptomatic, HIV-infected, treatment-naive adultsNandi Siegfried
South African Cochrane Centre, South African Medical Research Council, PO Box 19070, Tygerberg, South Africa, 7505
Cochrane Database Syst Rev 3:CD008272. 2010..Practitioners and policy-makers may consider initiating ART at levels </= 350 cells/microL for patients who present to health services and are diagnosed with HIV early in the infection...
- The cost of access to HIV treatmentPaul Galatowitsch
Science 314:1540-1; author reply 1540-1. 2006
- Cautious optimism for new HIV/AIDS prevention strategiesEdward Mills
Lancet 368:1236. 2006