David M Tappin
- Financial incentives for smoking cessation in pregnancy: randomised controlled trialDavid Tappin
PEACH Unit, Child Health, Glasgow University, Yorkhill, Glasgow G3 8SJ, UK
BMJ 350:h134. 2015..To assess the efficacy of a financial incentive added to routine specialist pregnancy stop smoking services versus routine care to help pregnant smokers quit...
- Development of an early nurse led intervention to treat children referred to secondary paediatric care with constipation with or without soilingDavid Tappin
Paediatric Epidemiology and Community Health PEACH Unit, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, Scotland G3 8SJ, UK
BMC Pediatr 13:193. 2013..The new care package could then be tried out within general paediatric clinics in Glasgow as a service evaluation. NICE guideline (CG99) has a research recommendation to compare nurse-led care with routine consultant-led care...
- The cessation in pregnancy incentives trial (CPIT): study protocol for a randomized controlled trialDavid M Tappin
Paediatric Epidemiology and Community Health Unit, Section of Child Health, Division of Developmental Medicine, Glasgow University, Yorkhill Campus, Glasgow, Scotland, U K
Trials 13:113. 2012..Its first research recommendation was to determine: Within a UK context, are incentives an acceptable, effective and cost-effective way to help pregnant women who smoke to quit?..
- Smoking prevalence and smoking cessation services for pregnant women in ScotlandDavid M Tappin
Paediatric Epidemiology and Community Health Unit, Child Health Section, Division of Developmental Medicine, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, G3 8SJ, UK
Subst Abuse Treat Prev Policy 5:1. 2010..We aimed to establish a denominator for pregnant smokers in Scotland and describe the proportion who are referred to specialist services, engage in one-to-one counselling, set a quit date and quit 4 weeks later...
- CATCH: development of a home-based midwifery intervention to support young pregnant smokers to quitAnne Bryce
Inequalities Sensitive Practice Initiative Maternity, NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde, Yorkhill, Glasgow G3 8SJ, UK
Midwifery 25:473-82. 2009..to develop, implement and evaluate a supportive midwifery intervention, Community Action on Tobacco for Children's Health (CATCH), to help young pregnant smokers to quit...