- What is the future for drug development in atherosclerosis and dyslipidaemia?
291 Knightsfield, Welwyn Garden City, Herts AL8 7NH, UK 44 1707 330022 44 1707 330022
Expert Opin Drug Discov 4:1-3. 2009
..This editorial considers the background to these developments, relating it to the continuing development of the lipoprotein-associated phospholipase A2 inhibitor darapladib and the potential for the field in the future...
- The ideal model in atherosclerosis and dyslipidaemia - does it exist?
291 Knightsfield, Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire, AL8 7NH, UK
Expert Opin Drug Discov 1:507-11. 2006
- Discontinued drugs in 2005: cardiovascular drugs
291 Knightsfield, Welwyn Garden City, Herts AL8 7NH, UK
Expert Opin Investig Drugs 15:1299-308. 2006
..Discontinued drugs in the atherosclerosis/dyslipidaemia area are discussed in more detail...
- Drug discovery in the metabolic syndrome: context and some recent developments
Expert Opin Ther Targets 11:801-8. 2007
..Finally, existing examples of drug targets for a range of biological mechanisms are considered, outlining their biology and points relevant to lead identification and optimisation and clinical development...
- Phospholipase A2s: developing drug targets for atherosclerosis
GlaxoSmithKline, 291 Knightsfield, Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire AL8 7NH, UK
Atherosclerosis 212:357-66. 2010
..Note is taken of another phospholipase A2 (cytosolic) which has been less fully described but for which there has been some interest...
- The landscape of drug discovery in atherosclerosis and dyslipidaemia revisited: an update of patenting activity
Suckling Science Ltd, 291 Knightsfield, Welwyn Garden City, Herts, AL8 7NH, UK
Expert Opin Ther Pat 22:199-204. 2012
- The continuing complexities of high-density lipoprotein metabolism in drug discovery and development
Expert Opin Ther Targets 11:1133-6. 2007
..This editorial commentary briefly discusses these and related issues from the perspective of 6 months following the termination of ILLUMINATE...
- The ENHANCE Study: an unusual publication of trial data raises questions beyond ezetimibe
Expert Opin Pharmacother 9:1067-70. 2008
..These results have surprised the field and led to a reassessment of the scientific and clinical basis for the overall mechanisms...
- Selective thyromimetics for atherosclerosis and dyslipidaemia: another old target making progress
Expert Opin Investig Drugs 17:615-8. 2008
..Whereas many new targets for drug discovery have been identified from new biology, such as that from the Human Genome Project, some targets have been known for decades but have not been exploited...