Affiliation: St George's
- Post-traumatic stress disorder in young people with intellectual disabilityJ Turk
Department of Clinical Developmental Sciences, St George s Hospital Medical School, University of London, Cranmer Terrace, London, UK
J Intellect Disabil Res 49:872-5. 2005..Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) is common and treatable. There is extensive research on people of average intelligence yet little on individuals with developmental disabilities...
- Fetal alcohol spectrum disorder: an overviewRaja A S Mukherjee
Social and Developmental Psychiatry, St George s, University of London, UK
J R Soc Med 99:298-302. 2006
- Clinical, cytogenetic, and molecular analysis of three families with FRAXEA J Barnicoat
Department of Medical and Molecular Genetics, Guy s Hospital, London, UK
J Med Genet 34:13-7. 1997..All the males who expressed FRAXE had a large methylated CCG repeat at FRAXF. All males with the mutation had some degree of mental handicap. This study illustrates the need for the FRAXE phenotype to be defined further...
- Social, communicational, and behavioral deficits associated with ring X turner syndromeS El Abd
Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, St George s Hospital Medical School, London, United Kingdom
Am J Med Genet 88:510-6. 1999..In some cases the obsessive behavior was extreme and incapacitating. This characteristic behavioral profile may aid the diagnosis and future understanding of ring X...
- Cognitive, language, and adaptive behavior profiles in individuals with a diagnosis of Cohen syndromeJ Karpf
Institute of Psychiatry, London, UK
Clin Genet 65:327-32. 2004..The implications for genetic testing are discussed...
- Cardiovascular prevention guidelines in daily practice: a comparison of EUROASPIRE I, II, and III surveys in eight European countriesKornelia Kotseva
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College London, London, UK
Lancet 373:929-40. 2009....
- Annotation: Deconstructing the attention deficit in fragile X syndrome: a developmental neuropsychological approachK M Cornish
Department of Educational Psychology, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 45:1042-53. 2004....
- The fragile X continuum: new advances and perspectivesK Cornish
McGill Child Laboratory for Research and Education in Developmental Disorders, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
J Intellect Disabil Res 52:469-82. 2008..Second, to discuss the implications of these recent advances for the development of clinical and educational interventions and resource tools that target specific phenotypic 'signatures' within the fragile X continuum...
- An individual with Gilles de la Tourette syndrome and Smith-Magenis microdeletion syndrome: is chromosome 17p11.2 a candidate region for Tourette syndrome putative susceptibility genes?B P Shelley
Department of Neurology, The Royal Hospital, Ministry of Health, Muscat, Oman
J Intellect Disabil Res 51:620-4. 2007..This would lead to advancement in neurobehavioural/neuropsychiatric genetics which will help in further explaining the broader perspective of gene-brain-behaviour interrelationships...