J F Morgan
Affiliation: St George's Hospital Medical School
- Impact of pregnancy on bulimia nervosaJ F Morgan
Department of General Psychiatry, St George s Hospital Medical School, London
Br J Psychiatry 174:135-40. 1999..Bulimia nervosa affects women at a peak age of reproductive functioning, but few studies have examined the impact of pregnancy on bulimia...
- Long term psychological outcome for women with congenital adrenal hyperplasia: cross sectional surveyJohn F Morgan
Department of Mental Health, St George s Hospital Medical School, University of London, London SW17 0RE
BMJ 330:340-1; discussion 341. 2005
- Hospital doctors' management of psychological problems - Mayou & Smith revisitedJohn F Morgan
St George s Hospital Medical School, London, UK
Br J Psychiatry 182:153-7. 2003..In 1986 the British Journal of Psychiatry published a study of physicians' and surgeons' management of psychological problems, later cited as evidence of barriers limiting liaison psychiatry...
- Psychogenic mania and bereavementJ F Morgan
Department of Psychiatry, St George s Hospital Medical School, London, UK
Psychopathology 34:265-7. 2001..Mania was clearly induced by the bereavement and we argue that the loss represented more than a non-specific life event. This case supports a re-examination of mania as potentially a 'reactive' or psychogenic phenomenon...
- "Spiritual starvation?": a case series concerning christianity and eating disordersJ F Morgan
Eating Disorder Unit, Department of Psychiatry, St George s Hospital Medical School, London, United Kingdom
Int J Eat Disord 28:476-80. 2000..We describe the cases of four patients with eating disorders in whom complex interactions occurred among religious faith, pathogenesis of the eating disorder, and clinical management...
- Anorexia nervosa: changes in sexuality during weight restorationJ F Morgan
Eating Disorder Unit, St George s Hospital Medical School, London, United Kingdom
Psychosom Med 61:541-5. 1999..We examined changes in sexual drive during weight restoration in patients with anorexia nervosa...
- Scratching and fasting: a study of pruritus and anorexia nervosaJ F Morgan
Department of General Psychiatry, St George s Hospital Medical School, Cranmer Terrace, London SW17 0RE, UK
Br J Dermatol 140:453-6. 1999..We argue that anorexia nervosa should be considered in all patients at low weight presenting with pruritus, and pruritus should be considered to be a physical symptom of anorexia nervosa...
- Compliance with surgical after-care following bariatric surgery for morbid obesity: a retrospective studyNorman A Poole
Department of Mental Health, St George s Hospital and Medical School, London
Obes Surg 15:261-5. 2005..Prediction of "poor compliers" would enhance candidate selection and enable specific interventions to be targeted...
- Validity and reliability of the Hospital Anxiety and Depression Scale in a hypertrophic cardiomyopathy clinic: the HADS in a cardiomyopathy populationNorman A Poole
Liaison Psychiatry, Clare House, St George s Hospital and Medical School, Tooting Broadway, SW17 0QT, London, UK
Gen Hosp Psychiatry 28:55-8. 2006..The secondary objective was to establish whether the use of the total HADS score to detect "caseness" is justified...
- Psychiatric disorders in hypertrophic cardiomyopathyJohn F Morgan
Department of Psychiatry, Yorkshire Centre for Eating Disorders, Seacroft Hospital, LS14 6UH LEEDS, UK
Gen Hosp Psychiatry 30:49-54. 2008..Depression is undertreated in cardiac disease. Our aim was to evaluate frequency and risk factors of psychiatric disorders in hypertrophic cardiomyopathy...
- Treating young people with eating disorders: transition from child mental health to specialist adult eating disorder servicesJon Arcelus
Leicestershire Partnership NHS Trust, Leicester, UK
Eur Eat Disord Rev 16:30-6. 2008....
- The SCOFF-c: psychometric properties of the Catalan version in a Spanish adolescent samplePilar Muro-Sans
Departament de Personalitat, Avaluació i Tractament Psicològic, Facultat de Psicologia, Universitat de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
J Psychosom Res 64:81-6. 2008..The objective of this study is to validate the Catalan version of the SCOFF questionnaire with a community sample of adolescents...