I M Shapey
- Malignant sigmoidoduodenal fistulaI M Shapey
Tameside General Hospital, Fountain Street, Ashton under Lyne OL6 9RW, United Kingdom Electronic address
Int J Surg Case Rep 5:995-7. 2014..We aim to discuss the unusual clinical presentation of this case as well as the investigation and management of duodenocolic fistulas...
- Invasive and surgical procedures in pre-hospital care: what is the need?I M Shapey
University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire, Coventry, West Midlands, UK
Eur J Trauma Emerg Surg 38:633-9. 2012..This study aimed to identify the contemporary use of these procedures on a regional doctor-led air ambulance unit, and to define the need, skill set and training requirements for a regional pre-hospital team in the UK...
- A prospective cross-sectional study of laparoscopic subtotal Lind fundoplication for gastro-oesophageal reflux disease--a durable and effective anti-reflux procedureI M Shapey
Department of Upper Gastrointestinal Surgery, Birmingham Heartland Hospital, Bordesley Green East, Birmingham B9 5SS, UK Electronic address
Int J Surg 13:257-60. 2015..The aim of this study was to assess outcome of symptoms for all patients presenting with GORD undergoing routine laparoscopic subtotal Lind fundoplication...
- Biliary tract imaging for retained calculi after laparoscopic cholecystectomy: is risk stratification useful?Iestyn M Shapey
Warwickshire Surgical Research Group, University Hospitals of Coventry and Warwickshire, Coventry, UK
Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech 22:459-62. 2012..The incidence of retained CBD calculi after LC without IOC is low. Risk stratification helps to accurately predict CBD stones and facilitates appropriate and cost-effective use of ERCP and magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography...
- Spontaneously perforated pyometra: an unusual cause of acute abdomen and pneumoperitoneumI M Shapey
Department of General Surgery, Tameside General Hospital, Fountain Street, Ashton under Lyne OL6 9RW, UK
Ann R Coll Surg Engl 94:e246-8. 2012..Moreover, good appreciation of pelvic anatomy and close collaboration with gynaecology colleagues is essential as operative intervention is often required...
- Central venous catheter-related bloodstream infections: improving post-insertion catheter careI M Shapey
University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham, UK
J Hosp Infect 71:117-22. 2009..12-10.97). There are several opportunities to improve CVC post-insertion care. Future interventions to improve reliability of care should focus on implementing best practice rather than further education...
- Primary hyperparathyroidism: how many cases are being missed?I M Shapey
University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust, UK
Ann R Coll Surg Engl 93:294-6. 2011..The aim of this study was to evaluate the referral patterns of patients with PHPT and identify the number of missed cases with a biochemical diagnosis of PHPT...