- Volumetric modulated Arc therapy and conventional intensity-modulated radiotherapy for simultaneous maximal intraprostatic boost: a planning comparison studyR Shaffer
British Columbia Cancer Agency, 600 West 10th Avenue, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Clin Oncol (R Coll Radiol) 21:401-7. 2009..8Gy without exceeding organ at risk (OAR) dose-volume constraints...
- Deriving prostate alpha-beta ratio using carefully matched groups, long follow-up and the phoenix definition of biochemical failureRichard Shaffer
Department of Radiation Oncology, British Columbia Cancer Agency, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 79:1029-36. 2011..Prior studies have derived low values of alpha-beta ratio (a/ß) for prostate cancer of approximately 1-2 Gy. These studies used poorly matched groups, differing definitions of biochemical failure, and insufficient follow-up...
- A radiotherapy planning study of RapidArc, intensity modulated radiotherapy, three-dimensional conformal radiotherapy, and parallel opposed beams in the treatment of pediatric retroperitoneal tumorsRichard Shaffer
Department of Radiation Oncology, BC Cancer Agency, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Pediatr Blood Cancer 56:16-23. 2011..This planning study compared RapidArc, fixed-field IMRT (cIMRT), 3D conformal radiotherapy (3D-CRT), and a parallel-opposed pair (POP) for children with retroperitoneal tumors...
- A comparison of volumetric modulated arc therapy and conventional intensity-modulated radiotherapy for frontal and temporal high-grade gliomasRichard Shaffer
Department of Radiation Oncology, BC Cancer Agency, Vancouver, British Columbia V5Z 4E6, Canada
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 76:1177-84. 2010..This planning study compared seven-field coplanar IMRT (cIMRT) with VMAT for high-grade gliomas that had planning target volumes (PTVs) overlapping organs at risk (OARs)...
- Volumetric modulated arc therapy for delivery of prostate radiotherapy: comparison with intensity-modulated radiotherapy and three-dimensional conformal radiotherapyDavid Palma
Radiation Oncology Program, British Columbia Cancer Agency, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 72:996-1001. 2008..The goal of this study was to compare VMAT prostate RT plans with three-dimensional conformal RT (3D-CRT) and IMRT plans...
- Volumetric modulated arc therapy improves dosimetry and reduces treatment time compared to conventional intensity-modulated radiotherapy for locoregional radiotherapy of left-sided breast cancer and internal mammary nodesCarmen C Popescu
Radiation Therapy Program, British Columbia Cancer Agency Vancouver Island Centre, Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 76:287-95. 2010..This study compared VMAT with cIMRT and with conventional modified wide-tangent (MWT) techniques for locoregional radiotherapy for left-sided breast cancer, including internal mammary nodes...
- Quadrant dosimetry as a predictor of biochemical relapse in 125I prostate brachytherapyIngrid Spadinger
Provincial Prostate Brachytherapy Program, Department of Medical Physics, BC Cancer Agency, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Brachytherapy 10:87-97. 2011..To evaluate region-specific dose metrics as predictors of biochemical relapse in prostate brachytherapy patients...